Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Getting around Phuket Island

• shore9

Joined Travelfish
    4th October, 2007

I will be getting off at the pier in Phuket (from Railay) and want to goto Kata beach, then further on to Patong beach the next day. After that I will be heading to the airport. Any suggestions as to how to get around, and how much will it cost?

#1 Posted: 12/11/2007 - 07:27

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Cheapest way is pier transport into Phuket town then take the truck bus out to Kata (30B I think). From Kata to Patong you'll be at the mercy of the tuk tuks figure on at least 150B, but they'll try for more. Minibus to the airport is 100-150B depending on where you're leaving from.

#2 Posted: 12/11/2007 - 18:39

• shore9

Joined Travelfish
    4th October, 2007

How much do you figure a cab would cost from Phuket pier to Kata?

Is there a schedule for the mini-bus to the airport that can be viewed online?

#3 Posted: 13/11/2007 - 07:17

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

I'm guessing here, but would say maybe a couple of hundred baht. There may well be shuttle minibuses from the pier to the various beaches for less.

No online schedule for the airport minibuses to my knowledge, though would guess every hour or so throughout the day. Enquire at a travel agent/your guesthouse once you're in Phuket and they should be able to assist with the details.

#4 Posted: 13/11/2007 - 07:56

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.