Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

where to stay in phuket to get to phi phi easy?

• darrenh

Joined Travelfish
    8th November, 2007

hi,
    great website. think my girlfriend is jealous of it, i spend so much time on it!!
    i will be arriving at phuket airport and staying on the island for 2 days before going to phi phi. i am looking for somewhere that is not too quite but not as busy as Patong and also easy to get to the pier for the boat to phi phi? any suggestions will be much appreciated.

#1 Posted: 13/11/2007 - 18:40

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Welcome to Travelfish and apologies to your girlfriend! All the main beaches will have straightforward transport to get to the pier -- sometimes a transfer is built into the ticket price, so no need to lose sleep over that.

For a particular recommendation, I'd say Kata Beach may be what you're looking for. There's stacks of places to stay, eat and drink, and two fine beaches within walking distance. If that's too busy, then Kamala would be my second suggestion.

#2 Posted: 13/11/2007 - 21:13

• darrenh

Joined Travelfish
    8th November, 2007

we will be travelling mid march. should we book a place to stay in before we go or chance it when we arrive. we are looking for a beach hut between 1000-2000 per night. is there many or is it all hotels?
    thanks for all your help

#3 Posted: 14/11/2007 - 03:14

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Mid march, booking not essential.

Accommodation on Kata/Karon/Patong is mostly hotels -- with cheaper accommodation in guesthouses back off the beach. For old style beach bungalow, you could try Kamala or in particular Ya Nui Beach in the south.

#4 Posted: 14/11/2007 - 09:40

• shore9

Joined Travelfish
    4th October, 2007

I want to get from Phuket pier to Kata beach, what is the best way to do this? I'd prefer to take a taxi, but worried that may cost 400 - 500 baht.

#5 Posted: 15/11/2007 - 08:24

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.