Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Island Choice for Next 3 Wks

• jella82

Joined Travelfish
    20th June, 2007

hi guys, i know this q has prob been asked a 1000 times but which side of thai islands has best weather at the moment? I have heard Ko Samui is in middle of monsoon... Just want 3 wks of sun and nice beaches before I head back to wet & cold ireland!! thx..

#1 Posted: 14/11/2007 - 18:10

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi jella82,

For weather questions for Thailand, you're best to start with our Thailand weather map -- you can mouse over different parts of the country and it will show you what the weather is (supposed) to be like.

November, west coast is better.

#2 Posted: 15/11/2007 - 10:27

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Even if you are on the gulf side, the rain rarely falls all day long. You'll typically get a few hours of heavy rain sometime during the day (or night) and be able to enjoy yourself during the other hours. If you can put up with those conditions, you'll usually get discounted rooms and other services as your reward.

#3 Posted: 15/11/2007 - 23:43

• stockamole

Joined Travelfish
    19th November, 2007

You are probably best off on the west coast islands. Check out the lesser known Trang islands like Laoliang or further north like Yao Noi if you want sort of off the beaten path locations.

#4 Posted: 19/11/2007 - 10:48

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.