Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Thailand election day - Dec 23

• explorer_23

Joined Travelfish
    15th November, 2007

I will be in Bangkok during the proposed election day on Sunday, Dec 23. I want to know whether it's business as usual or business is close/delay in opening hours for shops and shopping centres. How about Chatuchak Weekend Market ? Do they open on that particular day. Thanks in advance.

#1 Posted: 15/11/2007 - 12:20

• Advertisement

• breconion

Joined Travelfish
    15th November, 2007

I will be there as well
    malls will be open but bars closed. 24th is also a holiday so banks and government offices will be closed and some shops but the malls will be open.
    Chatuchak will I am sure certainly be open

#2 Posted: 15/11/2007 - 23:14

• ChangFai

Click here to learn more about ChangFai
    Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2007
    Location Thailand

There shouldnt be any alcohol served from 6pm on the 22nd through to Midnight of the 23rd .

So you will find quite a lot of bars etc. closed for two days .

#3 Posted: 16/11/2007 - 02:01

• goo_stewart

Joined Travelfish
    10th October, 2007

Some bars will be serving, ignoring the police notice, but generally only outside the main tourist areas (ironic isn't it? - the only people to get 'there' bars closed strictly are those that cannot vote!). I enjoy a good fish supper and a few ales in my neighbourhood, often with the BiB sitting next to me, on most election days in the Lat Phrao area.

#4 Posted: 16/11/2007 - 10:29

• breconion

Joined Travelfish
    15th November, 2007

This December I will be in Ngam Wong Wan Road area so think I will have to get stock in b4 the 23 as all supermarkets, 7/11 follow the rules.

#5 Posted: 16/11/2007 - 14:01

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.