Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

planning my First trip in to Thailand

• Maja

Joined Travelfish
    21st November, 2007

Hello all! I'm absolute newcomer here :-) don't know too much about Thailand, but know one thing for sure -want visit this country! My idea is to come to Bangkok, rent there a car and go by car till Satun. and then spend there a relaxing week. That's why I want to ask you, who already know Thailand from its "inside" I'd say, some advices :-)
    1)how will be the weather in February? cause I'm planning my trip in February.
    2) is it possible in general to go from Bangkok to Satun?..is it convinient? how are roads?
    3)should I better book accomodation on my trip everywhere in advance? ir better to take in stop?
    4)can You please advise me good accomodation in Satun for relaxing holiday?
    think that's all :-)))

will really appreciate you help and advice!cause it's rather hard to organize everything without knowing th country absolutely and beeing sooooo far, I'm from Ukraine by the way. Pleas contact me on my mail edited - please no email addresses Thank you!!!!

#1 Posted: 21/11/2007 - 14:36

• Advertisement

• marine_boy

Joined Travelfish
    21st November, 2007

I would say driving in Thailand all that way from Bangkok, you should get a medal if you reach Satun in one piece on Thai roads (have looked at the death rate)?
    I am also going to this province in Feb, but trying to stay island to island, as if there is any fighting on the mainland towns/cities i don't want to be there!
    But Trang/Satun....GREAT PLACES

#2 Posted: 21/11/2007 - 18:42

• RandyHiggins

Joined Travelfish
    21st November, 2007

I've driven from the far north to Phuket. No problems on the roads. As in many places driving during the day is safest. Main roads are good. I haven't been to Satun, so I don't know.

February should be pretty comfortable. February is the high season, it might not hurt to book in advance. I just found Travelfish. It looks like they have some great connections, much better than Lonely Planet or many other web-sites.

If you rent a car it won't be too hard to look around or drive on if you don't find what you are looking for. So you may want to leave yourself with flexibility. You'll probably find what you need.

#3 Posted: 21/11/2007 - 21:18

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

It's a long long drive from Bangkok to Satun, but if that's how you want to get around, driving in Thailand is no big deal -- the roads are excellent, even if some of the drivers are complete loons.

For weather information, please see here

In Feb no real need to book ahead.

#4 Posted: 22/11/2007 - 11:06

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Planning a trip to thailand? ... By robemeen on 2 Mar 2014 2 382 2 Mar 2014
Need help planning a 2-week trip to Thailand! ... By Apoloplaza on 10 Jan 2009 6 2088 13 Jan 2009
Planning a trip to Thailand. Need advice!! ... By ali32 on 2 Apr 2013 3 1337 3 Apr 2013
First time planning trip to Thailand ... By sr78 on 10 Nov 2008 2 1974 12 Nov 2008
Help planning a trip to Laos and Thailand ... By shaungt08 on 7 Oct 2012 6 2141 9 Oct 2012
Help planning a trip to Laos and Thailand ... By shaungt08 on 7 Oct 2012 1 709 7 Oct 2012
108 Days trip planning (Thailand, Lao, Cambudia) ... By mixxat on 30 Apr 2012 12 2258 12 Jun 2012
Need help planning trip to Thailand, possibly Cambodia/Laos ... By marycolin on 9 Apr 2006 1 1695 9 Apr 2006