Thailand forum

Reservation by e-payment

• Harry05

Joined Travelfish
    9th September, 2007

Hi, just made a reservation by e-mail and this is what I got for e-payment
    --------------------------------------------------
    "Reservation No. : 7221167
    Total Payment : 214000 (equal to 2,140.00 Thai Baht)
    Remark:
    1. Please be noted that our system does not accept any special characters.
    2. The amount of payment, you have to fill up in satangs i.e. 123456 equals to 1,234.56 Thai Baht (THB).

The number that you've to put in the first page is in "Satang" (just like "cent" in US$). Then it'll convert to "Thai Baht (THB)" in the second page before you can put credit card info.
    Then click "Submit" button and follow the payment process. When everything is successfully done, we shall contact you within 24 hours. Voucher as an official confirmation will be given to you & you've to print and keep it as your reference"
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Although I travel a lot I am a newby for Thailand (but always a little alert on potential scams). Is is normal you have to use the amount of 214000 if you have to pay 2140 Baht (seems a bit like paying in cents which is not normal for me but maybe it is on e-payment in Thailand)?

I suppose there are a lot of experienced e-payers which can answer my question.

Thanx answering in advance,

Harry.

#1 Posted: 23/11/2007 - 02:09

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Sounds a little odd to me. Who's the retailer?

#2 Posted: 23/11/2007 - 09:08

• Harry05

Joined Travelfish
    9th September, 2007

The retailer is PP Casita on Koh Phi Phi

#3 Posted: 23/11/2007 - 13:17

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

That seems very odd to me, but I guess if you've got that correspondence you've got some basis to reverse the charge if they turn out to forget to add the dot.

#4 Posted: 23/11/2007 - 15:58

• EmjayReet

Joined Travelfish
    4th July, 2006
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 3

They should be legit. We stayed with Casa Brazil (which they own as well) in Karon Beach and they were great. They didnt require a deposit last year but I have since heard off other travellers that they are requesting payment these days.

I am sure it will be fine... you can always use the email as evidence in the matter of a dispute.

Reet xx

#5 Posted: 26/11/2007 - 07:45

• Harry05

Joined Travelfish
    9th September, 2007

Just to let you know, it was a normal and legal payment. Everything went correct, after I putted in the payment as above it was automaticly transferred in to TB like above (american notation). Looked at my bank account and it all was normal

#6 Posted: 9/12/2007 - 21:33

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.