Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

travel partner from Bangkok to Chiang Mai or any part along the way!

• applejy

Joined Travelfish
    25th November, 2007

Hi..I am arriving Bangkok on 16th Dec late evening and will be spending 2 days in Bangkok then will be heading to Chiang Mai with a train (not sure train or bus is the best way).Tentatively thinking of stoping by Ayuttaya for a day (maybe) then see what else along the way to the north is worth seeing, if nothing much , then i will go strainght to Chiang Mai.I have 2 choices, planning to spend 3 days in Chiang Mai from 19th or 20th Dec then will take a bus to Pai.I have found a homestay at Pai (no cost).It would be a great things to do...if you want to join me, you are always welcome.Anyone want to travel with me from Bangkok to Chiang Mai for few days...kindly contact me.

Cheers,
    Apple (Malaysia) - Speak English and Chinese

#1 Posted: 26/11/2007 - 19:37

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Hi Apple,

Selamat!

I personally think that the overnight sleeper trains to Chiang Mai are the very best way to go. There is an article in the features sections with heaps of details about taking the overnight train if you are interested.

If you do decide to go by train, you might want to book your reservations as soon as possible, since the sleeper cars do tend to fill up.

Stopping by Auytthaya for a day or two is wonderful, and you can catch the Chiang Mai-bound trains as the pass through Ayutthaya. Have a fun trip. Cheers.

#2 Posted: 26/11/2007 - 22:04

• applejy

Joined Travelfish
    25th November, 2007

Thank you Exacto.

Would consider your suggestion.
    Then i shall book the train early...

Can i check with you which train company is better?
    I saw a few train company on the web , so not sure which is much better..

Thanks again!

#3 Posted: 27/11/2007 - 08:50

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Hello again,

The trains is Thailand are all run through the State Railway of Thailand company, so there isn't really a choice of which train company is best. Luckily, the SRT is pretty good!

If you meant which company to use to book your train reservation, there are several companies that come recommended by Travelfish members, but I used Charlie Connection and had very good luck with them. Their website is http://www.travelconnecxion.com/. Good luck!

#4 Posted: 27/11/2007 - 11:57

• applejy

Joined Travelfish
    25th November, 2007

Thanks again EXacto...

#5 Posted: 30/11/2007 - 23:36

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Looking for travel partner now...Vietnam/Philippines/Chiang Mai (Songkran) ... By Moonpie on 28 Feb 2012 0 1289 28 Feb 2012