Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

storing luggage in bangkok, any ideas?

• cyndi

Joined Travelfish
    18th November, 2007

I think I can store luggage in a locker at the Bangkok airport but I've heard it costs about $3 a day. I'm too cheap for that. I've thought of just leaving it at a guest house or going to the Hualumpong train station from the airport and leaving it there. Someone said storage lockers are about 10-20 baht per day at the train station. Anyone have any tips on what would be the best thing to do? Also, how do I get from the airport to the train station and how long does it take?

#1 Posted: 30/11/2007 - 06:49

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Hey Cyndi,

According to their website, the Airport Bus has route that goes from the airport to Hua Lamphong train station. It used to cost 100 baht per person but it may be up to 150 baht now. Depending on traffic, it could take from one to two hours.

Depending on the amount of time you plan to stay in Thailand, you might want to look into storing your luggage at a guest house or hotel in Bangkok. Particularly if you are staying in Bangkok for a day or two after you arrive, you'll have time to shop around for a hotel that will store your bags. I've done this on several occasions (usually staying in the lower Sukhumvit area) and most times the fee was something modest like 10 baht per day or even free. The trick was to stay at the place before I dropped off my bags and for at least one night on the way back out. This usually worked better at a mid-range priced hotel than at a strickly backpacker inexpensive place.

If you don't find an appropriate hotel for your bags, then at least you'll have the train station option in reserve as a fall back.

How many days are you staying anyway? Is it a long trip? Otherwise, that $3 per day might be worth avoiding the hassle. Good luck.

#2 Posted: 30/11/2007 - 11:49

• cyndi

Joined Travelfish
    18th November, 2007

Hey thanks for the tips. I need to store the stuff for 5 weeks while I go to Cambodia, Laos, and Vietnam. It's some stuff that I don't need until I get back to Thailand for the last half of my trip and I don't wanna schlepp it around with me. 5 weeks is kind of a long time to store stuff at $3 a day in my opinion. I was hoping there would be a chance to just get to the airport in Bangkok and fly straight out to Cambodia without having too much hassle over storage. You presented some good options, so thanks again!

#3 Posted: 5/12/2007 - 11:38

• zib

Joined Travelfish
    8th January, 2008

hi, i'm not sure if you still can but when i was in bangkok last year you could store luggage at the isreali restaurant/travelagent at the top of Th ko san (i spelt ko san wrong i think, sorry), the place that has the visible (from inside the building) glass wall mezzenine that goes through to the street behind via stairs, not the blue place, sorry this is confusing, theres two travel/restaurants next to eachother, if looking at them from the street its the left one that has wood tables and chairs out the front. aaanyway, there was luggage storage there too, first three days free then 10 baht every day after. hope that helps...

#4 Posted: 8/1/2008 - 12:28

• sirhalberd

Joined Travelfish
    30th December, 2007

I used to stay at the Sukhumvit Crown Hotel, located between Sukhumvit Soi 6 and Sukhumvit Soi 8. (You can see this hotel from the Nana Skytrain stop, it's behind the "never completed" parking garage, look for the brick building.)

I used to store bags there for months at a time. Some other tourists used to leave bags there even longer. No charge for the bag storage. You are expected to spend the night there and another night when you return. I left bags there safely, off and on, over several years with no problems.

One airline that I used a lot had me arriving in Bangkok during the day. When I switched airlines and arrived at midnight I only needed around 6 or 8 hours in a hotel room before I left for another city. Same for my return flight, I only needed a half night in Bangkok before my departing flight. Went to a cheaper place. They did have a pretty good all you can eat buffet in the morning.

The price of an air-conditioned room, with hot water, in room toilet, refrigerator and crappy TV will run around 1000 baht. They may have a fan only room that is around 600 baht. Tall rooms, close to skytrain, easy walk to malls and street vendors.

good luck

#5 Posted: 9/1/2008 - 03:40

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Storing luggage in Ha Noi ... By wanderlust13 on 7 Sep 2009 3 2500 10 Sep 2009
Storing Luggage Options ... By dmaniel_2000 on 26 May 2010 4 1554 6 Jun 2010
Storing Luggage Options ... By dmaniel_2000 on 26 May 2010 3 2049 13 Jul 2010