Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Pai or Soppong ?

• jojo

Joined Travelfish
    3rd July, 2007

I was in Pai the first time in feb. 2002, and again this year (nov 2007). i must say it changed alot. seems like they are upgrading this small town in the mountains to be an up-market destination. the hippie-flair is almost gone.

so what to do ? i went 30mls farther to soppong / Pang Ma Pha and was surprised how unspoiled and neat this area is - amazing ! even good accommodation is available, i.e. Little Eden or T-Rex guesthouse. but i stranded at a place named Rim Doi, a cosy little resort right by the river. the owner is german and built it himself, so it means everything is accurate and clean enough for an open heart surgery.

prices were 180 for a state-of-the-art bamboo hut and 500 for a brick bungalow with a very nice bathroom and decent furniture. i couldn't believe it. there is another bigger bungalow with seperate rooms for families or small groups.

so if you are fed up with the fancy ferrari shows in Pai you should try to get back to the real Thailand and visit Soppong...

#1 Posted: 30/11/2007 - 10:33

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.