Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Accommodation in Chiang Mai

• BaznChaz

Joined Travelfish
    30th August, 2007

can anyone recommend a nice hotel in chaing mai during NYE?

#1 Posted: 6/12/2007 - 21:59

• Advertisement

• darrenh

Joined Travelfish
    8th November, 2007

i found what looks to be a great place. its called fernparadise www.fernparadise.com
    im staying there next march

#2 Posted: 7/12/2007 - 03:11

• ChangFai

Click here to learn more about ChangFai
    Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2007
    Location Thailand

I stayed at Sri Phat Guest House early last year , and as a Flashpacker place ,thought it was fantastic value.

#3 Posted: 7/12/2007 - 11:06

• griffon

Joined Travelfish
    3rd October, 2007

Just stayed at Mandala House, located outside the Thapae Gate. Great flashpacker place too.
    www.mandalachiangmai.com

#4 Posted: 7/12/2007 - 20:41

• Steffitom

Joined Travelfish
    29th November, 2007

look at the homepage of julies guesthouse http://www.julieguesthouse.com/

Stefanie

#5 Posted: 10/12/2007 - 23:21

• Jon_Mak_Mak

Click here to learn more about Jon_Mak_Mak
    Joined Travelfish
    21st February, 2007
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 5

Hi, Galare guest house was a nice place to stay near the night bazzar. The have their own (american i think) trek guide aswell. This time we have booked into the Dungtawan Hotel right on the night bazzar. I will report what that was like when we are back in Febuary.

#6 Posted: 13/12/2007 - 16:57

• ChangFai

Click here to learn more about ChangFai
    Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2007
    Location Thailand

Jon
    Is the Dungtawan the hotel that was being built earlier in the year , on the spot of the old night bazzar ?

#7 Posted: 14/12/2007 - 16:41

• DTQ

Joined Travelfish
    15th November, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

I stayed at 3 Sis Guesthouse about, hmm, 10 days ago? Fantastic. Computer in the lobby is free, and they're extremely friendly and helpful. They were doing some renovations when I was there-adding what looked to be an impressive building onto to the smallish guesthouse I stayed in-but they really only worked between 9-5, so it was never disturbing. Can't say it was super cheap, but I believe it was in flashpacker range. And it's worth it for the price, because they never try to push any tours on you or anything (seems like some cheap places are only great deals if you also agree to give them extra business). Good location, too, if you're into some peace and quiet. Wats nearby, and walking distance to shops and market, but at night it's peaceful.

I used this forum preparing for my trip, and didn't know how much I'd post, but this was the type of place I vowed to recommend to others.

Enjoy Chiang Mai, it's great.

#8 Posted: 14/12/2007 - 20:12

• Jon_Mak_Mak

Click here to learn more about Jon_Mak_Mak
    Joined Travelfish
    21st February, 2007
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 5

DOnt think so ChiangFai. Im Sure its been there for a few years. We have picked the Duangtawan for the location so we are in the middle of it. Heres some pics - http://www.expedia.co.uk/pub/agent.dll?qscr=dspv

#9 Posted: 15/12/2007 - 00:41

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.