Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Accommodation in Krabi / Phuket and nearby Islands

• BaznChaz

Joined Travelfish
    30th August, 2007

Hello,

Can anyone please recommend a nice guesthouse/hotel/resort in Krabi and Phuket and teh nearby Islands from 2nd January 2008 onwards for a few nights in each place?

Also, is it better to stay less in Phuket and more in teh nearby islands or krabi, please advice?

Thanks in Advance
    BaznChaz

#1 Posted: 11/12/2007 - 00:36

• Advertisement

• raffaela

Joined Travelfish
    30th July, 2007

hello i just got back from Thailand 2 days ago, these are the places i most loved (as accomodation):

KRABI:

Ban To Guest House
    you'll find every details on the guide for Krabi on this site, the rooms are spotless and cheap- there's no river of dirty water running down the hill (maybe the fix it) and you can get free pick ups from/to airport and really good advices for everything. Krabi is a very good and cheap base for trips in the area, much cheaper than Phuket, but if you have a chance stay on Railey West beach, i heard of a place called Golf Beach Club apparently not expensive there, i didn't see the place but the beach is stunning. Best and cheapest way to get to Railey West: take a shared car from main street in Krabi (in front of 7 eleven) to Ao Nang (40 bahts), then take a longtail boat from there (80 bahts). Once on the beach you can easily walk from Railey West to Ton Sai Beach and then take a longtail boat back to Ao Nang from there (even if you don't find the link on maps there are boats!)

KO PHI PHI DON ISLAND

RELAX BEACH http://phiphirelaxbeach.com/
    it's on the eastern coast and quite far from everything, the bungalows are excellent and so the restaurant, the people working there (thai and burmese people whom i feel privileged to meet) and the food. If the sea is flat it's also an excellent place for snorkelling, if you have big waves it can be ...long (to say the least) to reach any other place with the longtails. You can also walk to town through the jungle, 50 minutes walk. It is the best place to be if you want to be on your own or you are in good company, if not it's a bit isolated. It's one of the very few places left on the island where you'll experience the wild and the nature. Prices are 1400 bahts per night.

VIKING PLACE http://www.ppvikingresort.com/ (still not working) tel. +66-075-819398 or 075-819399 info@ppvikingresort.com
    it's located on the very first shore of Long Beach so the position is just perfect for everything (5 minutes longtail to Ton Sai Bay but you can also easily walk through jungle and shores to town in 15 min.) The beach and the water is stunning and so the decoration of the whole place. Food is ok (but not as good as the Relax Beach) and also the people are nice.
    We stayed in the best bungolow they have (C2) as the others were full - if you want to spoil yourself for a few days it was amazing i truly recommend it!
    prices start from 1500 bahts to 2500 for the luxury one. The only downside thing is you get many longtails passing by so it can be a little noisy, it's not secluded as the other one but the beach and sea are like jewels!

enjoy!!

#2 Posted: 11/12/2007 - 17:47

• raffaela

Joined Travelfish
    30th July, 2007

i apologise, i realized i gave you a false information, the free pick up they give at BanTo Guest House in Krabi is from the pier (if you arrive from the islands), if you have to go to the airport they can fix a taxi for you (300 bahts) or you can take a shared car from the corner between the main street (Maharad Road) and Maharat Soi 6 for 50 bahts ( if you ask about it not many people knows about this and will tell you the only way to reach the airport is the taxi).

have fun!

#3 Posted: 11/12/2007 - 18:30

• Jon_Mak_Mak

Click here to learn more about Jon_Mak_Mak
    Joined Travelfish
    21st February, 2007
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 5

Hey, Wannas place in krabi (ao nang) was good when we stayed the year before last. I would recommend spending more time in krabi and its islands than Phuket.

#4 Posted: 13/12/2007 - 16:53

• stockamole

Joined Travelfish
    19th November, 2007

Going to the islands of Trang is really worth doing. Check out Laoliang Island, Lipe Island. Also between Phuket and Krabi, Yao Noi island is worth seeing. I only have one website to point you to off the top of my head and it's for Laoliang. www.laoliangresort.com

Have fun!

#5 Posted: 13/12/2007 - 21:17

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Ko Lanta: Island Tours around Ko Lanta and other nearby islands ... By susannakhana on 8 Jan 2007 0 1882 8 Jan 2007