Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Thai weather - difference between march and april?

• RichP101

Joined Travelfish
    14th January, 2008

Hello all,

I'd originally planned to arrive in Thailand for a month from mid-march to mid-April. Having read around, it seems that April is the most hot & humid time and can get unbearable in places.

Is there much difference in heat/humidity between going mid-feb to mid-march, and mid-march to mid-april? I'd prefer to do the latter, but the weather reports are a bit offputting. I'd be looking to spend a few days each in Bangkok and Chiang Mai, and a good amount of time partying on the islands.

Thanks for your input -
    Rich

#1 Posted: 14/1/2008 - 10:17

• Advertisement

• ChangFai

Click here to learn more about ChangFai
    Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2007
    Location Thailand

Rich
    Personally I dont think it makes a lot of difference daytime , but late March-April-May , at nighttime is the one time of the year my air-con is going on , or its too difficult to sleep .

Also I would add , after last year , I would be wary of Chiang Mai around March , when it was blanketed with a pollution haze .

Maybe it will be different this year .....maybe !

#2 Posted: 14/1/2008 - 11:22

• Guernseystu

Joined Travelfish
    10th July, 2007

The difference between March and April can be summed up in two words; hot, hotter.

In terms of humidity I find these months to be very dry and, therefore, not at all humid.

#3 Posted: 14/1/2008 - 11:58

• FonBangkok

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Yes, it's much different. If you can't bear heat and humid. Mid Feb - mid Mar will suit you well. In Feb the weather is mild and dry. This lasts till early or mid of Mar.

#4 Posted: 15/1/2008 - 11:24

• darrenh

Joined Travelfish
    8th November, 2007

will it be humid mid march to april? there are different replies above. i dont mind the heat, its the humidity that gets to me. does anyone know what % humidity it will be?

#5 Posted: 15/1/2008 - 22:23

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
thai beaches and weather in early April ... By daphnehk on 16 Feb 2010 3 3508 21 Feb 2010
27yo Female: Thai/Camb/ Viet- March 15th- April 27th ... By sabrina0523 on 23 Feb 2011 1 2020 8 Mar 2011