Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Please help----need lodging, but have no reservation

• davester13

Joined Travelfish
    14th January, 2008

Hello,

Thanks for reading and replying.

I'm flying into Bangkok tomorrow (Jan. 15) and I'd like to stay in relatively cheap & quiet area near (but not too near) Kao San Rd, but I don't have a reservation and I'm realizing that I may need one for many places. Your suggestions for what to do, where to stay?

Also, what's a good way of getting there from the airport----one not too expensive? Taxi, bus? Thanks.

#1 Posted: 14/1/2008 - 13:23

• Advertisement

• Guernseystu

Joined Travelfish
    10th July, 2007

Dave, even though this is the high season you do not need a reservation. There is plenty of accommodation to be found - particularly in the Banglumphu area.

Try the Riverline Guest House on Samsen Soi 1. It is fairly new and very clean, rooms start at 280B per night for a double room with fan and private bathroom.

If you still wish to make a reservation you can call them on + (66) 2282 7464. The card says 'and press 0' and I'm not quite sure if that is necessary but be prepared to do so.

#2 Posted: 14/1/2008 - 13:58

• davester13

Joined Travelfish
    14th January, 2008

Guernseystu,

Thanks for your message.

#3 Posted: 14/1/2008 - 15:53

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.