Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Is it realistic?

• huggomartini

Joined Travelfish
    14th January, 2008

Hi there,
    I will go to Thailand 30/35 days next December.
    I wanna go to beaches not to the north (the north is for the 2nd trip) but in 35 days is not possible see everything. So what do you advice me to do? I used to read travelfish tips and I agree with many like (less is more).
    I'm thinking plan something like this.
    Arrive at Bkk maybe December 1st and stay 3 nights.
    Going to south (Pattaya, Koh Chang and Cambodja is in the 2nd trip too) to Hua Hin, Prachuap until Surat Thani. December 10th I wanna be in Koh Phangan to FMP 2 days after. A few days in Koh Samui too and maybe Koh Tao (I'm not a diver yet).
    Then Krabi and Phang nga (i'm a 007 fan).
    Phuket and Phi Phi I would like to visit but I'm afraid to be disappointed with mass of tourists. Ko Lanta is also a target and the small islands near there too.
    Didn't think about the place to spend the X-mas eve but i'm thinking to go more south maybe till Malaysia and get the plane back to Bkk from Kuala Lumpur. New year's eve in Bangkok is maybe what I'll do and get back to Lisbon (my hometown) January 2nd or 3rd.
    Is it possible make this avoiding trips every day?
    Bangkok 1st time, 3 days, Koh Samui/Koh Phangan/Koh Tao, 8/10 days, Krabi/Phangnga, 4 days, Phuket, 2 days, Phi Phi, 4 days, Koh Lanta, 2 days, South until Kuala Lumpur (stopping in different places), 5 days and the last 3/4 days Bangkok.
    Any suggestion.
    Thanks in advance.

#1 Posted: 18/1/2008 - 07:12

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

That's a lot of islands in a month.

A common route is:
    Bkk - Hua Hin - Chumphon - Ko Tao - Ko Pha Ngan - Ko Samui - Surat Thani - Krabi - Ko Lanta - Ko Phi Phi - Phuket

If you do the gulf islands in this order then you avoid having to backtrack to Surat Thani.

If I had to skip one of the above, I'd skip Ko Samui.

Bear in mind that December is PEAK season and places like Ko Phi Phi will be packed to the rafters, likewise the December FMP on KPN will be nuts.

If you're thinking of heading south to Malaysia, you could skip Phi Phi and Phuket and continue south island hopping from Lanta eg Ko Ngai - Ko Mook - Ko Sukorn - Ko Libong - Ko Lipe - Ko Tarutao ... these are all great islands that will be far less busy than PP...

Just a thought!

#2 Posted: 18/1/2008 - 09:21

• huggomartini

Joined Travelfish
    14th January, 2008

Thank you so much probably is what I'm gonna do.
    I fly back to Bkk from Phuket.

#3 Posted: 18/1/2008 - 16:34

• huggomartini

Joined Travelfish
    14th January, 2008

My only problem will be the Visa, I wanna stay 35 days and the Visa is good 30 days right?
    Any tip?
    Thanks in advance

#4 Posted: 20/1/2008 - 20:44

• Guernseystu

Joined Travelfish
    10th July, 2007

Your 30 day visa can be extended by a further seven days at any immigration office in Thailand for 1,900B.

If you are thinking of going to Malaysia anyway then don't worry as you'll get another 30 days free when you re-enter Thailand.

#5 Posted: 22/1/2008 - 11:42

• huggomartini

Joined Travelfish
    14th January, 2008

It's great can be extended more 7 days I think I will accept the Somtam2000 route's suggestion and stay in Phi Phi and Phuket and Malaysia stays for the 2nd trip.
    Thanks again

#6 Posted: 22/1/2008 - 20:03

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.