Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Thai Airways

• jessie604

Joined Travelfish
    3rd January, 2008

HI, I have purchased a flight from BKK to Phuket on Thai Airways. HOwever I need to change it because I am afraid I will miss the flight, and I am having a hard time getting in touch with Thai Airways over the phone (I am currently in Siem Reap). I am looking to change my flight from BKK to Don Mueng and make it later in the day (Tuesday, JAn 22,2008), still flying Thai Airways. Is this sort of switch allowed? Can I make it over the computer/phone or do I need to do it in person?

Jess

#1 Posted: 19/1/2008 - 15:37

• Advertisement

• Guernseystu

Joined Travelfish
    10th July, 2007

I think that it is unlikely that you will be able to change your ticket. The domestic airlines certainly don't allow it so, as Thai is an international airline, there is a slight chance that you might be lucky.

Domestic flights are so cheap these days you'll get a ticket online for as little as 700B. Check out Nok Air and 1-2-Go but not Air Delaysia as they are crap.

#2 Posted: 20/1/2008 - 00:26

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Could be tricky.

THAI uses both the new and old airport, but uses the old one only for non-connecting domestic flights. While they do fly from the new airport to Phuket, there are less flights to choose from.

If you're having trouble sorting it out, I'd suggest just using a travel agent and paying them a few dollars to contact THAI and see if they can sort it out.

Guernseystu - Air Delaysia -- you hit that one on the head -- we fly them regularly to Bali and I'm yet to have a flight that's been less than an hour late!

#3 Posted: 20/1/2008 - 06:03

• khunwilko

Joined Travelfish
    27th January, 2007

Try getting a travel shop to ask them for you....(offer them a tip) - you may e able to change but there could be a fee.

If you don't ASK them you'll never know

#4 Posted: 20/1/2008 - 11:14

• FonBangkok

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Try contact their office in Phnom Penh and see whether they can help or not.

Office: THAI AIRWAYS INTERNATIONAL
    (RESERVATION/TICKETING)
    Address: 1F Unit 8A , Regency Complex-A Building
    NO. 298 Mao Tse Toung BLVD, Phnom Penh 12306
    THE KINGDOM OF CAMBODIA
    Phone: (855-23) 21 43 59
    Fax: (855-23) 21 43 69

#5 Posted: 21/1/2008 - 02:20

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Thai Airways Exec Chairman resigns over excess baggage scandal ... By chriswotton on 7 Jan 2010 12 2986 2 Sep 2010