Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Quiet Thailand Beaches

• dande

Joined Travelfish
    7th February, 2008

We are seriously considering a holiday on Thailand islands towards the end of the year.

I know it’s a long time ahead but there seems to be so much choice and the area is a closed book to us. So many islands, so many ferries, so many ways of reaching them via Bangkok!

In the past few years we have enjoyed holidays, in Kerala, Sri Lanka, Zanzibar and the Andaman Islands. We love quiet locations, superb beaches, good snorkelling (preferably from the beach) and although of an age when comfort becomes more important, we avoid the huge impersonal resort centres, preferring smaller, clean and comfortable hotels with private bathroom.

We enjoy flora and fauna and seeing something of the local life and sometimes doing absolutely nothing on a quiet beach!

Where could you suggest? Maybe a two or three centre holiday over a period of about 28 days. And I think including a couple of nights in Bangkok would be a must!

#1 Posted: 7/2/2008 - 17:50

• Advertisement

• Guernseystu

Joined Travelfish
    10th July, 2007

Hey Dande I was in Koh Pha-Ngan last week and I've been avoiding the South-Eastern islands for some time now for obvious reasons but I have to say that we found a great place. Nice accommodation for very reasonable prices with good food and water activities too (snorkelling and kayaking). Here's a few pics:

http://www.ajarnforum.net/vb/travel-bug/27585-koh-pha-ngan-3.html

I've not been further South yet but I have heard very good things about the beaches and islands in the provinces of Trang, Satun and Pattani - quiet and unsoiled by backpackers.

#2 Posted: 7/2/2008 - 23:12

• marineboy

Joined Travelfish
    22nd June, 2007

We found a gem in southern Thailand (Satun), with absolutely none of the usual tourist stuff !!
    For fauna and flora, beautiful beaches, some interesting history..low noise to NO NOISE.
    No manky dogs and cats or tuk-tuks, trucks (because there isn't ANY)
    Koh Tarutao island(national park), reached from Pak Bara ferry terminal, Fly to Hat Yai (Air Asia) or Satun (Nok Airways)
    Nice...

#3 Posted: 1/3/2008 - 03:57

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Quiet beaches within easy access of Bangkok ... By paulk on 16 Oct 2007 2 2297 16 Oct 2007