Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

are reservations necessary?

Posted by matthias on 13/2/2008 at 21:43

I will arrive in Thailand (BKK) at the end of February and travel around in Thailand/Laos till the beginning of April. I would like to know if reservations for accomodation are necessary in this time period. Actually, I prefer to look for a place to stay when I get there, but on the other hand I don't like to try 10 different guesthouses because everything is occupied. How do you do it usually?

What about booking flights? I will maybe take the plane to get from Chiang Mai to Ko Samui or Luang Prabang. Is it necessary to book those flights some weeks ahead or are a couple of days sufficient?

Thanks for any comments!

#1 matthias has been a member since 10/2/2008. Posts: 3

Posted by Jon_Mak_Mak on 13/2/2008 at 23:38

I would book the fights but In febrauary you could not book the hotels and be ok i think. but It depends where you want to stay. Some websites offer good discounts but some good places arent on any websites.

:)

#2 Jon_Mak_Mak has been a member since 21/2/2007. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 464
 Website 

Posted by exacto on 14/2/2008 at 13:20

completely agree with Jon_Mak_Mak that booking flights ahead of time is a good idea but that you won't need to for hotels.

there is a well-thought-out feature article on exactly this topic of whether you'll need reservations or not on your holiday at http://www.travelfish.org/feature/101. worth a read!

#3 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,626
 Where has exacto been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.