Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

are reservations necessary?

• matthias

Joined Travelfish
    10th February, 2008

I will arrive in Thailand (BKK) at the end of February and travel around in Thailand/Laos till the beginning of April. I would like to know if reservations for accomodation are necessary in this time period. Actually, I prefer to look for a place to stay when I get there, but on the other hand I don't like to try 10 different guesthouses because everything is occupied. How do you do it usually?

What about booking flights? I will maybe take the plane to get from Chiang Mai to Ko Samui or Luang Prabang. Is it necessary to book those flights some weeks ahead or are a couple of days sufficient?

Thanks for any comments!

#1 Posted: 13/2/2008 - 21:43

• Advertisement

• Jon_Mak_Mak

Click here to learn more about Jon_Mak_Mak
    Joined Travelfish
    21st February, 2007
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 5

I would book the fights but In febrauary you could not book the hotels and be ok i think. but It depends where you want to stay. Some websites offer good discounts but some good places arent on any websites.

:)

#2 Posted: 13/2/2008 - 23:38

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

completely agree with Jon_Mak_Mak that booking flights ahead of time is a good idea but that you won't need to for hotels.

there is a well-thought-out feature article on exactly this topic of whether you'll need reservations or not on your holiday at http://www.travelfish.org/feature/101. worth a read!

#3 Posted: 14/2/2008 - 13:20

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.