Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

krabi suggestions

• michellouws

Joined Travelfish
    21st November, 2007

hai!
    next week we'll fly into krabi on our way for a two week trip to several of the islands.

any suggestions for the first couple of day's to relax on the beach, and within reach of the airport, eta noon.
    thinking of ko jum and lanta... anything i shouldn't mis????
    thanx, michael

#1 Posted: 19/2/2008 - 01:24

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Michelle,

Railay Beach and Ao Nang are the two spots that spring to mind as being within easy day-trip distance of Krabi. I also like Nopphara Thara Beach, which is super sleepy, but the waters are very shallow.

#2 Posted: 19/2/2008 - 14:20

• Guernseystu

Joined Travelfish
    10th July, 2007

If you just want to relax for a couple of days when you first arrive then stick to the mainland and do the islands later.

Good suggestions from Somtam, you've got the full range there from sleepy to busy. Up to you what you are after really but I would recommend Ton Sai between Ao Nang and Rai Ley as it is quiet and relaxing with a couple of bars for good measure.

#3 Posted: 19/2/2008 - 17:48

• lorna1hamil-
    ton

Joined Travelfish
    28th February, 2008

hi,
    If we fly to krabi, how easy is it to get to Railey? Are there plenty of places to stay in Railey or do you need to book ahead?

#4 Posted: 28/2/2008 - 17:42

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.