Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

BKK airport to Pattaya area

• hannesnaomi

Joined Travelfish
    2nd February, 2008

Hi again,
    We'll be landing in BKK March 1st around lunchtime. What's the best way to get to the Pattaya area from the airport? Possibly Pattaya itself. Ideas please....

#1 Posted: 19/2/2008 - 02:15

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

According to the Travelfish Feature Article on Sorting Out The New Airport (http://www.travelfish.org/feature/68), there are buses that go from the new airport directly to Pattaya every few hours beginning early in the morning. I'd plan on that.

Give this feature article a read and be sure to take advantage of the heaps of information on the website. It will answer many of your questions before you even need to ask them. Cheers.

#2 Posted: 19/2/2008 - 03:24

• hannesnaomi

Joined Travelfish
    2nd February, 2008

Thanks for the advice. I realize that reading the website helps - but quite honestly... its only giving me INFORMATION OVERLOAD!!

#3 Posted: 19/2/2008 - 07:06

• ChangFai

Click here to learn more about ChangFai
    Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2007
    Location Thailand

Hannesnaomi
    Where are you going to in Pattaya ?

Does "best" mean price ?

Are you likely to arrive feeling tired ?

#4 Posted: 19/2/2008 - 09:47

• hannesnaomi

Joined Travelfish
    2nd February, 2008

"Best" doesnt necessarily mean price. Iam assuming we will be tired as we are coming from a 27hr flight from Canada.

#5 Posted: 19/2/2008 - 23:45

• ChangFai

Click here to learn more about ChangFai
    Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2007
    Location Thailand

Then I would take a taxi .

#6 Posted: 20/2/2008 - 09:34

• khunwilko

Joined Travelfish
    27th January, 2007

There ARE buses and minibuses that start at around 150/200 baht but really if you can afford it, TAKE A TAXI. the fare should be about 1300 baht. This way your luggage is carried for you and you don't have to touch a thing until you get into your hotel room.

At arrivals on clearing everthing ...come into the hall and DON"T let a tout get you a cab....go on to the kiosks and desks on the ground floor and get the taxis there. Mke sure you,ve agreed the prive BEFORE you set off...they won't use the meter.
    they may ask for tolls for the motorway.....this should be about 100 baht.

the journey time is about 1.5 to 2 hours. You can obviously ask him to stop for a break at any of the service stations along the way. All in all it's by far the most civilised way to get to Pattaya.

(PS - If you think he's driving too fast - tell him you'll tip him 100 baht if he doesn't go over a set speed all the way to Pattaya)

#7 Posted: 21/2/2008 - 08:33

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Oops. My bad. I made a bad assumption that you were on your way back through Bangkok from Phuket or somewhere like that and not just arriving after a 27-hour trip from Canada. I agree with the others that the taxi ride will be worth the extra money. Regards.

#8 Posted: 21/2/2008 - 12:07

• hannesnaomi

Joined Travelfish
    2nd February, 2008

thanks everyone. Taxi it is! :) And thanks for the advice on where to hire the taxi...

Happy travels everyone!

#9 Posted: 23/2/2008 - 09:16

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
transport airport to pattaya ... By lampyclip on 28 Oct 2009 0 1500 28 Oct 2009