Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

ko phangan to Surat thani airport (URT)

Posted by tylerjprewett on 27/2/2008 at 03:23

You are a great person if you respond to this, thankyou. I was planning to be in Haad Rin for a couple of days and noticed there was a flight out of Surat Thani to BKK Air Asia at 1230 where I will be meeting several friends. I saw there is a songserm express that leaves thongsala at 700 for an arrival in surathani (not donsak) at 1030 some sources say 1100. In regards to this I have the following questions.
a) Is this possible/impossible in general.
b) How long does a ride from haad rin to thong sala take and will it be easy to find early in the morning around 6 am.
c)does this ferry still run and will it give me enough time to find a ride to URT airport.
Much love thanks for the help.

#1 tylerjprewett has been a member since 27/2/2008. Posts: 4

Posted by tylerjprewett on 27/2/2008 at 03:26

PS I realize that a Samui flight would be easier but it is around $130 USD more for the two of us.

#2 tylerjprewett has been a member since 27/2/2008. Posts: 4

Posted by tylerjprewett on 30/8/2008 at 04:10

First of all thanks so much to all the kind people that have responded. Getting so much info from so many. Well lesson learned, if I ever need info from this forum I should give it a catchy title. Something perhaps centering on the beggars release of caged birds and just how cruel that practice is. Maybe then we could have another trite and meaningless argument over animal cruelty and its constantly dynamic interaction with the ever evolving social norms of mankind. Well in case if anyone opened this thread hoping for an answer, I have sinced gone and discovered on my own. It is possible to catch the flight out of Surat Thani airport at 1230, but you do cut it close. Most travel agencies in Haad Rin will get you on the ferry that takes you to Donsak and include the bus to the airport as well as a ride from cabin to Thong Sala, of course all this can be done on your own to save some cash, depending on your preference. If nothing goes wrong you make it on time. The ferry is often reliable but occasionaly there is bus trouble or traffic. Luckily, most of Air Asias flights are late anyway so that should buy you some time. But who can complain when you can get from Koh Phangan to Chiang Mai by the afternoon of the same day for less than 45US. Thanks again everyone, now we can go back to endless debate over drugged tigers.

#3 tylerjprewett has been a member since 27/2/2008. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.