Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Thailand in November

• dobdobs

Joined Travelfish
    27th February, 2008

I am going to Thailand in November and am planning 2 days in Bangkok before flying to Chang Mai to hopefully do a cookery course and a trek. I am then thinking of flying down to Phuket. I was hoping to get some recommendations for places to stay and things to do. In particular I am worried about Phuket/Phi Phi - are there quiet places that are not so touristy? Or would it be better to go elsewhere?

#1 Posted: 27/2/2008 - 17:11

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

One in every three tourists to Thailand go to Phuket, so it's a bit of a challenge dodging the hordes there. If you're happy with backpacker comfort, Yu Nui Beach could be the trick.

On Ko Phi Phi the back beaches on the east coast of the island are your best bet -- she our respective accommodation sections for detailed recommendations.

#2 Posted: 28/2/2008 - 08:57

• mikethediver

Click here to learn more about mikethediver
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 3

I find Kata not too bad. It still has local restaurants and, of course, a few bars. Although prices start to increase late November/December, it is still possible to find a place around 500 baht away from the beach.

Best to rent a bike to see the island; Sunday lunch at Rawai beach and sunset from view point are worthwhile, and a drive around the islands coast road produces some plesent surprises

#3 Posted: 23/3/2008 - 19:12

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.