I'm planning to head to Ko Lipe from Langkawi on the 14th. My questions are:
1) Which ferry would be best for me to take there, the one from Telaga Harbour or the Tigerline ferry from the Kuah Jetty?
2) I know that I'll clear Malaysian immigration at Telaga, but if I depart from Kuah Jetty, do I clear Malaysian immigration from the jetty as well?
3) I read from the Telaga website that all visitors to Ko Lipe have to clear Thai immigration at some resort there. Is that true? What if I take a Tigerline ferry from Kuah Jetty to Ko Lipe: will I have to clear Thai immigration at the resort too?
4) How do I get from that resort to elsewhere after clearing immigration - do I just walk or can I get one of the boats to take me to other beaches?
5) Finally, I have to be in Langkawi by 6 pm Malaysian time on the 18th to catch my flight outta there. Which ferry would be best, and where can I catch it?
If you have any answers to any of those questions, pls let me know!! Thanks!!
#1 wessatong has been a member since 4/3/2008. Posts: 14