Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Langkawi to Ko Lipe - pls help!

• wessatong

Joined Travelfish
    4th March, 2008
    Total reviews: 2

Hi all,

I'm planning to head to Ko Lipe from Langkawi on the 14th. My questions are:

1) Which ferry would be best for me to take there, the one from Telaga Harbour or the Tigerline ferry from the Kuah Jetty?

2) I know that I'll clear Malaysian immigration at Telaga, but if I depart from Kuah Jetty, do I clear Malaysian immigration from the jetty as well?

3) I read from the Telaga website that all visitors to Ko Lipe have to clear Thai immigration at some resort there. Is that true? What if I take a Tigerline ferry from Kuah Jetty to Ko Lipe: will I have to clear Thai immigration at the resort too?

4) How do I get from that resort to elsewhere after clearing immigration - do I just walk or can I get one of the boats to take me to other beaches?

5) Finally, I have to be in Langkawi by 6 pm Malaysian time on the 18th to catch my flight outta there. Which ferry would be best, and where can I catch it?

If you have any answers to any of those questions, pls let me know!! Thanks!!

#1 Posted: 7/3/2008 - 16:36

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Langkawi-Koh Lipe Ferry in mid-late May ... By rledez1990 on 3 Jun 2013 4 1028 4 Jun 2013
Ferry to Ko Lipe from Langkawi - where to get Baht from? ... By jyates on 8 Jan 2009 3 5791 15 Feb 2009
Short 6-day trip report - Langkawi and Koh Lipe ... By wessatong on 22 Mar 2008 4 15973 2 May 2010