Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

On Koh Pha Ngan ... anyone recommend a good beach?

• cubedweller

Joined Travelfish
    23rd February, 2008

Hi,

Currently I'm on Haad Yao but I would like to stay somewhere with a little more action... I was thinking about Haad Rin but that may be too hectic. Can anyone recommend anywhere? Basically, the crowd is a bit old (mostly families and older couples) on Haad Yao at this time of year, so a beach with a little *younger* feel would be great. I'm 26 and traveling alone if that helps... any advice would be great.

~Eric

#1 Posted: 8/3/2008 - 09:40

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Thong Nai Pan Noi on the east coast of Ko Pha Ngan could be just the ticket... it's got some good bars and popular places to stay -- it's also one of the island's most beautiful beaches.

#2 Posted: 8/3/2008 - 09:58

• cubedweller

Joined Travelfish
    23rd February, 2008

Thanks for the reply. I'll try and check it out. Currently I'm in Thongsala -- how do you advice I get all the way over there? I was thinking of heading over to Haad Rin right now -- I imagine it'd be easier to get there from there anyway. Thanks again.

~Eric

#3 Posted: 8/3/2008 - 12:12

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

There's direct songthaews from Thong Sala to Thong Nai Pan (they tend to coordinate with ferry arrivals), otherwise there's occasional boats from Haad Rin to there (depending on the weather).

How's the weather there?

#4 Posted: 8/3/2008 - 12:33

• cubedweller

Joined Travelfish
    23rd February, 2008

Mostly rainy. Some sunshine here and there but very wet :)

#5 Posted: 8/3/2008 - 18:18

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
best beach on koh pha ngan ... By ambersaffron on 22 Nov 2011 15 1254 5 Dec 2011