Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

On Koh Pha Ngan ... anyone recommend a good beach?

Posted by cubedweller on 8/3/2008 at 09:40

Hi,

Currently I'm on Haad Yao but I would like to stay somewhere with a little more action... I was thinking about Haad Rin but that may be too hectic. Can anyone recommend anywhere? Basically, the crowd is a bit old (mostly families and older couples) on Haad Yao at this time of year, so a beach with a little *younger* feel would be great. I'm 26 and traveling alone if that helps... any advice would be great.

~Eric

#1 cubedweller has been a member since 23/2/2008. Posts: 35

Posted by somtam2000 on 8/3/2008 at 09:58 admin

Thong Nai Pan Noi on the east coast of Ko Pha Ngan could be just the ticket... it's got some good bars and popular places to stay -- it's also one of the island's most beautiful beaches.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by cubedweller on 8/3/2008 at 12:12

Thanks for the reply. I'll try and check it out. Currently I'm in Thongsala -- how do you advice I get all the way over there? I was thinking of heading over to Haad Rin right now -- I imagine it'd be easier to get there from there anyway. Thanks again.

~Eric

#3 cubedweller has been a member since 23/2/2008. Posts: 35

Posted by somtam2000 on 8/3/2008 at 12:33 admin

There's direct songthaews from Thong Sala to Thong Nai Pan (they tend to coordinate with ferry arrivals), otherwise there's occasional boats from Haad Rin to there (depending on the weather).

How's the weather there?

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by cubedweller on 8/3/2008 at 18:18

Mostly rainy. Some sunshine here and there but very wet :)

#5 cubedweller has been a member since 23/2/2008. Posts: 35

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.