Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Anyone been to Phayao Northern Thailand ?

• henricartier

Joined Travelfish
    14th March, 2008

I would love to hear any experiences in this area, including Chiang Mai, which I heard is big, bustling and polluted from local farmers burning forest? A malicious rumour or some truth there? I also see April is a 'hot' time for 'farangs' to visit Thailand, as even the locals head for cooler places. I will be in Northern Thailand all April so any travel tips and accommodation ideas would be very welcome.

#1 Posted: 15/3/2008 - 21:16

• Advertisement

• wanderingcat

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2006
    Total reviews: 4
    Places visited:
    At least 67

all my Phayao posts here:
    http://thewanderingstraycat.blogspot.com/search/label/phayao%202005

was a last minute decision, went with zero plan, just hopped on a bus at Chiangrai bus station that would not travel to any of the places we had been to before (pretty much of Chiangrai province)...so missed out on some interesting spots & temples (like Wat Nantaram or something like that - beautiful Burmese-style wooden temple on Chiang Kham outskirts) that we read about only much later. with no map, had to rely on speaking Thai to find our way around (didn't see a single farang while in Phayao province).

all over the north there is haze from the burning - not so much of forest, but post-harvest rice fields in lowlands...at least that's what i observed from buses & Chiangrai-BKK flights over the past few years.

anything specific that you are interested in seeing?

#2 Posted: 15/3/2008 - 23:03

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Northeast of north Thailand (Phrae-Nan-Phayao-Chiang Rai): worth visiting? ... By koen31 on 28 Dec 2007 11 7869 11 Jan 2008