Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Jeans & batteries in Bangkok?

• ajinasia

Joined Travelfish
    8th January, 2008

Posted from within Vietnam.

I have a 1-1/2 day stopover in BKK end of the month and I need to find the following.. suggestions anyone?

1. Jeans. Well-made. With lycra / spandex. Reasonably priced. (I'm staying in the KSR area but can go to Siam or MBK if that's where the best deals are)

2. Batteries. I need to get a huge pack of good quality batteries, since I decided against shlepping around with a recharger and I've had some bad luck with 3rd rate (read: unusable) batteries that I bought in Laos & Vietnam.

Also, if anyone knows of a camera repair store that won't charge a heap for what looks like an easy fix-up, please let me know.

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 16/3/2008 - 16:18

• Advertisement

• lauraskrink

Joined Travelfish
    20th September, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

MBK is definitely the place to get whatever you need in BKK! It is fairly easy to reach if you take the SkyTrain and taxis are pretty cheap too.

There are 5 floors so you can pretty much get anything you want pretty cheap. There are hundreds of shops selling jeans although you find the sizings are little off and they sometimes do cater towards to Asian figure more than the western! But if you can't get keans in MBK itself it is linked to another department store, Tokyu, which minght have what you are looking for. They seemed to stock all the usual brand clothes so they might be more helpful!

There are also quite a few camera shops in MBK, i don;t now if they do repairs but I'm guessing at least one would be able to look at it and see what the problem is!

Happy shopping!

#2 Posted: 17/3/2008 - 14:00

• ChangFai

Click here to learn more about ChangFai
    Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2007
    Location Thailand

A couple of years ago I would have said MBK for jeans , but I think Platinum Mall in Pratunam is better nowadays , and they have a whole floor dedicated to jeans .

You could also try Pantip Plaza next door to Platinum for you camera problems .

I honestly think a recharger and re-chargeables is far preferable than your other option .

#3 Posted: 17/3/2008 - 18:28

• ajinasia

Joined Travelfish
    8th January, 2008

Thanks for your suggestions!

Never heard of Platinum Mall before, but if I can do one-stop shopping there, I'll try to check it out too.

#4 Posted: 19/3/2008 - 08:21

• ajinasia

Joined Travelfish
    8th January, 2008

By the way, where is Pratunam (for both malls) and what's the best way to get there from KSR area?

#5 Posted: 20/3/2008 - 10:26

• ChangFai

Click here to learn more about ChangFai
    Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2007
    Location Thailand

Pratunam is on New Phetchburi Road , and the best way to get there from Khao San Road would be taxi unless you know the BKK bus system well .

For me that is one of the disadvatages of staying in the KSR area , the lack of skytrain / subway routes.

If you go to Pratunam first ,and dont find what you are looking for , it is a short [albeit hot] walk to the above mentioned MBK , Siam Square , Siam Paragon etc , which are on Rama 1 .

Best Regards
    ChangFai

#6 Posted: 20/3/2008 - 12:16

• ajinasia

Joined Travelfish
    8th January, 2008

Thanks for the directions!

#7 Posted: 21/3/2008 - 18:23

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.