Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Thailand loves Tourists ?

• henricartier

Joined Travelfish
    14th March, 2008

Any current information on your stay in Chiang Mai and Phayao City, bus frequency, cost, between the two cities is needed before I arrive there in early April. I'm planning a few days in Chiang Mai (direct flight in)and then head off to Phayao City. If anyone is in this area now, or will be there soon or has recently stayed in these cities, any comments about your stay will be welcome ! I have no plans to do or see anything specific except to have a decent break for 2 months - and acquaint myself with Thai culture - if that is possible? Aren't westerners/other asians (farangs) simply tolerated (humoured) as a means of foreign exchange to bolster the Thai economy?

#1 Posted: 21/3/2008 - 22:05

• Advertisement

• Jon_Mak_Mak

Click here to learn more about Jon_Mak_Mak
    Joined Travelfish
    21st February, 2007
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 5

Some thai people like farang and some like thier money. That is the same the world over tho. As for Chaing Mai, youve picked a good place to go in Thailand for a first trip as Chaing Mai is a decent size city with lots to do but is a lot more laid back than BKK. Check out the wat on Doi Suthep, the night bazzar and chaing mai zoo might be worth a look if you like that sort of thing (been there 3 times and had enough now!) Not sure about the bus to phayao but I would be very suprised if you couldnt find your way there!

BTW, April is very very hot! Be prepaired for SONGKRAN - if you dont know what that is you should be getting advise on that. lol

Good luck!
    :)

#2 Posted: 24/3/2008 - 04:44

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.