Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

staying in Ao Nang Hat Nopparat Thara beach.

• visuus

Joined Travelfish
    21st March, 2008

Can any one give me a suggestion where we (2 people) can stay for a longer time, say about 3 months, in a house, bungalow or something like that. Near or on the beach. But with the possibility of "cooking", that means a small kitchen for making a tea or coffee and for a small meal( eating out 3 months is not always nice. )
    Further, I would like to know how it works with renting scooters. Some people say that you have no insurrance and others say you can have.

#1 Posted: 23/3/2008 - 19:04

• Advertisement

• Jon_Mak_Mak

Click here to learn more about Jon_Mak_Mak
    Joined Travelfish
    21st February, 2007
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 5

not sure where to rent somewhere long term in ao nang (3 months is long term for krabi!) but as for renting a scooter. Just go and ask a couple of places in Ao Nang that rent them and find out the prices. Tell them you want it for 3 months and ask to pay by the month or the week and you should be able to get a very good price, like 100Bhat a day or less. Make sure you get a good lock and helmets too. Ask them if there is insurence.

:)

#2 Posted: 24/3/2008 - 04:32

• natwest

Joined Travelfish
    6th March, 2008
    Location China

As for scooters, I don't think they provide, even if I asked last time. But maybe that is the shop that I asked, since there is so many places provide them, u can ask them one by one. Dont ask your guesthouse for it, cos actually they r middle men themselves. They can only tell u the price and the model. If u ask them more specific Qs, they have to ask the renter, so u might as well deal directly with the bike shop.

Ao Nang is a nice place. The Hat Nopparat beach is possibly one of the best that I have seen around SEA, esp the sunset. So enjoy!

#3 Posted: 28/3/2008 - 18:01

• visuus

Joined Travelfish
    21st March, 2008

Is anyone in the mood to tell me about facilities in Maenam. Is it very small?
    Are there retaurants, because lonely planet is not telling me enouhg. We want to stay may be 3 months. Anyone knows a nice spot with small kitchenette? and for a reasenable price?

#4 Posted: 29/3/2008 - 00:04

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Staying in Ao Nang, Krabi????? ... By pippaodonovan on 8 Nov 2007 0 2538 8 Nov 2007
Ao Nang Garden Bungalows, Ao Nang Beach, Krabi ... By aonanggarden on 10 Sep 2009 0 4767 10 Sep 2009