Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Getting from Suvarnabhumi to Ban Phe for Samet and sleep picks

• spearmintan-
    gels

Joined Travelfish
    17th February, 2008

Hi

Aside from hiring a taxi to Ban Phe from Suvarnabhumi airport, does anyone know if there's a bus option to Rayong or even better, Ban Phe? If so, how long and how much? My flight gets in at 8.30am and my budget allows for options.

I've also narrowed my sleep picks and would appreciate your input, good or bad, on the following:

Jep's
    Ao Phai Hit
    Lost Resort
    Tubtim Resort (seems to be a hot favourite on a lot of forums)
    Pudsa Bungalow

Yes, I've read all the reviews and threads but would appreciate specific input.

Cheers!

#1 Posted: 6/4/2008 - 21:21

• Advertisement

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

There are buses leaving Mochit which call in at the new transport terminal at Suv (get the minibus shuttle from arrivals) and then go on Rayong. I have a sublink to the timetable towards the bottom of this page - http://tezza-thailandbeachesandislands.blogspot.com/2008/02/ko-samet.html
    There is a fair bit of other info and pics on Samet - I stayed at Pudsa and can rec it, particularly the beachfront/rockfront bungalows and I was also impressed by Tubtim.
    I stayed at Jeps many years ago - good place, but I thought the beach was getting a bit overdone and noisy when I revisited this February.

#2 Posted: 7/4/2008 - 06:22

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.