Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

6 week trip nov dec

• clairehanmer

Joined Travelfish
    11th March, 2008

hi
    im planning to travel to thailand with a friend in november. i wish to fit in siem reap(cambodia). id love to go to the southern islands too. do a PADI. maybe a full moon/ half moon party.chang mai/pai or somwhere north too?

im concerned about the weather in the south in november. is it still affected by the monsoon?

does anyone have any ideas for an itinary. we have 6 weeks.(i will be heading back to thailand again so if i dont see one or two key places ill do it on my return.

#1 Posted: 7/4/2008 - 07:14

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Claire,

November on which side of the Thai peninsula -- east or west? I ask because they're affected by different weather patterns. You can see more information on our Thai weather page.

For itineraries, a good place to get started is our Suggested itineraries section.

More questions? ask away!

#2 Posted: 7/4/2008 - 08:01

• clairehanmer

Joined Travelfish
    11th March, 2008

hi somtam2000

well id like to do both sides if possible but not sure which route to take.

we arrive early Nov and want to go to Siem Reap i think we will do this as early as possible. or do chang mai/pai then siem reap. a week at each approx.

this then gives us 1 month (17th nov-18th dec) to spend in the south. we'd like a full/half moon party (12 dec)do a PADI and have some really quiet beaches too.

should i go west islands first? advice regarding the weather in the south greatly received.(plus any hot tips on what not to miss) x thanks

#3 Posted: 7/4/2008 - 19:46

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Nov is one of my favourite times to visit the Andaman and Central/Eastern Gulf because the wet season has ended/is ending. Not that wet season is a big problem - you could check http://tezzasthaiinfo.blogspot.com/2007/04/wet-weather-information.html. Crowds are down too - high season usually cranks up thru Dec.
    And yep, Samui/Phangan/Tao tend to be wetter in Nov-Dec.
    Itineraries depend so much on personal interests, budgets etc that I'm always reluctant to give one. Maybe you could check the WHICH ISLAND THREAD which you can negotiate via the index from the above link to see which ones appeal, and maybe check the ISLAND HOPPING subsection of the same page to see which are easily reached from the previous one if your time is limited.

#4 Posted: 8/4/2008 - 19:24

• clairehanmer

Joined Travelfish
    11th March, 2008

thank you tezza

#5 Posted: 8/4/2008 - 19:47

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.