I am really fishing for some specialty info here. I know that if I can get an answer anywhere, it would have to be on this fantastic site.
My wife and I will be on Koh Tao learning to dive. After we finish there, we really want to visit Khao Sok national park and possibly stay in the floating cabins on the lake. The problem is we can't figure how to get from Tao to Khao sok in as short a time as possible.
My Questions are:
1.Has anyone made this trip and have info to share?
2.When is the latest one can get from Surat Thani to Khao Sok?
3.Has anyone taken the overnight ferry from Koh Tao to Surat Thani...what is it like?
4.Is it possible to travel by bus from Chumphon to Khao sok?
And even better...
5. Is it possible to arrange the trip on Koh Tao to Khao Sok?
If you can help me with any of these questions it would be greatly apreciated.
#1 Benjamin has been a member since 26/5/2006. Posts: 16
1) boat from Ko Tao to Surat Thani, then bus from there to Khao Sok. Bus connections are starightforward.
2) I would guess last bus would be leaving Surat around 5pm -- thought I'm not 100% sure on that.
3) I've taken it, though some time ago. As long as the weather is ok it is alright -- somewhat uncomfortable though.
4) Bus from Chumphon to Khao Sok will require a bus change in Surat, so no great advantage to go that way.
5) Yes it is, many Ko Tao travel agents will be able to organise the trip door to door -- just be sure to specify you want to stay on the rafthouses.
I will arrange the trip on Koh Tao through a travel agent. Just out of curiousity, did you take the overnight ferry?
Was there a place to sleep?
#3 Benjamin has been a member since 26/5/2006. Posts: 16
I've taken the night boat in the past, there's a lower deck and everyone just sleeps on the floor, or the upper deck if the weather is good. I'd not take it again!