Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

a confused dyslexic!!!!!! excuse the spelling

• barrylad66

Joined Travelfish
    9th March, 2008

having just booked my flight to bankok on 30th july,and talkng to there visa adviser i am more confused as ever(and the adviser a littl frustrated judging by the tone of her voice!!!)

anyway here goe's
    will be arriving bkk on the 31st july..i have a 3 month time scale on the flight ticket with the oppertunoty to extend this free of charge for 12 months.my planned itinery is as follows...6 weeks thailand,4 weeks,loas,4 weeks,vietnam,then 4 weeks cambodia.will then cross back to thialnd and head down to malasya then back to thailand for my journey home.i understand i will need a tourist visa for my first enty to thailand,but will i get away with 30 days visas to just cross borders or will i need to get a multi entry visa..any help gratfuly recievded

#1 Posted: 3/5/2008 - 16:18

• Advertisement

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

The free entry stamp which most nationalities are eligible for is only valid 30 days which is why you'll need a tourist visa for your initial 6 week stay.

You won't need a tourist visa just to cross borders later on in your trip, the free entry stamp will do fine.

#2 Posted: 3/5/2008 - 17:52

• barrylad66

Joined Travelfish
    9th March, 2008

thnks for your help sbe.

#3 Posted: 3/5/2008 - 22:22

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.