Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Month Traveling

• crock

Joined Travelfish
    3rd May, 2008

Hi

I fly to BKK from Oz early June for 4 weeks backpacking

I intend to go to the Full Moon 28th June and see my family in the Phuket area about 27th (they are moving about for 3 weeks)

Any advise what 2 19 y/o lads (not yobs!)could do taking in as many places as possible and how

(thought about BK to Chiang Mai by train at some pointseems a long journey bak to Phanang ? (sp)

Any tips would be great

thanks

#1 Posted: 3/5/2008 - 21:51

• Advertisement

• crock

Joined Travelfish
    3rd May, 2008

edit they arrive 27th i will get there asap after the f moon

#2 Posted: 3/5/2008 - 21:53

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

4 weeks is a long enogh amount of time to see a fair bit of Thailand if you are prepared to take advantage of cheap air travel on AirAsia and similar, overnight sleeeper trains or other overnight transport like Lomprayah's coach-fast catamaran service between Bangkok and Phangan for the party.
    Why not have a look at Chiang Mai if that interests you? Bangkok itslelf is always worth a few days, nearby Kanchanaburi, the Bridge on the River Kwai town ditto, and I personally would spend a bit of time on Ko Tao if I was on adjacent Phangan.
    But Phangan itself is big enough to take up your whole 4 weeks if you want to really explore the island - http://tezzasthaiinfo.blogspot.com/2006/12/ko-phangan.html

#3 Posted: 4/5/2008 - 21:21

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.