Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Bangkok - klong tours

• liquefiedst-
    ars

Joined Travelfish
    25th April, 2008

What is a reasonable price I should bargain for for a klong tour around the canals?

Also, I'm traveling alone so it's not so cost effective for me to hire out a long-tail boat by myself. Are there group tours of any sort?

Many thanks.

#1 Posted: 4/5/2008 - 20:25

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Any travel agent in Bangkok can put you on a khlong tour and it will be cheaper than hiring a longtail solo. Most tours include other bits and pieces, but you can pick and choose.

If you don't want to do a tour, take the Chao Phraya River Express up to Nonthaburi and take a regular longtail to the end of their route and back -- that way you'll still see the khlongs but you'll be the only tourist inside of ten km... and the round trip shouldn't cost more than maybe 100B.

#2 Posted: 5/5/2008 - 06:03

• liquefiedst-
    ars

Joined Travelfish
    25th April, 2008

Fantastic. Thanks, somtam :)

I've also been looking into public transport down Klong Mon, and have read that there are boats leaving every 30min, daily, from Tha Tian pier. Seems like it could be a good option also.

#3 Posted: 7/5/2008 - 21:45

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.