Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Phuket Airport to Krabi Airport

• radd

Joined Travelfish
    17th October, 2007

Hi,

I plan to stay in Krabi for a couple of nights but there aint any (cheap) flights from Singapore to Krabi.
    Does anyone know if there are any Aiport bus that could bring me from one airport to another.

The reason why I rather go the Krabi Airport than town is because the hotel Im staying offer land transfer from Krabi Airport to the hotel only.

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 7/5/2008 - 05:00

• Advertisement

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

There is no inter-airport bus.
    You can go catch a taxi out to the main road bus stop and flag down a Krabi bound bus

This ia a copy of info from billp and tagemi -
    BILLP - "You don't need a taxi, unless you find some other people at the airport to share it with and split the cost. Otherwise you can pick up a public bus to Krabi every hour heading up the main road past the airport toward the bridge. Cost is something like 80 Baht and it takes about 4* hours. Just ask information at the airport for directions and transport to the main road. The buses have "Krabi " in Roman letters written on them. It's easy! From the bus station in Krabi, you take a songthaew to Ao Nang and then a longtail boat to Rai Leh.
    ...you could also take the early ferry to Phi Phi and then from there to Krabi and also to Railay/Ao Nang".

TAGEMI - "I took a motorcycle taxi the 2 km's from the airport to the main road (10-20B, can't remember), then bus from the bus stop just south of the intersection to Krabi (4 hours, ca 100B (maybe a little more now)). There is a food stall** at the bus stop where you can ask people to help you wave down the right bus. I didn't have to wait long so I think the buses are frequent or maybe I was just lucky".

4 hours seems too much even with stops - I would say about 3.
    I reckon it would be politic to first buy something from the food stall people.

Note that a longer way of doing the bus thing is to catch the airport shuttle down to Phuket-town bus station and then pick up a waiting Krabi bus. Problem is the airport is near the northern end of the island near the bridge to the mainland, whereas Phuket-town is a long way to the southwest so that you retrace your steps to get to Krabi, adding something like 90 minutes minimum to the trip.

Alernatives - in Feb this year the limo counter at Phuket Airport told me their car (these are late model Camrys, not Beemers) to Krabi was 2500baht.
    This suggests the taxi fare is maybe 200 or so less. The taxi counter is 150m to the right out of the arrivals exit. Last time I tried to get a taxi there the guy told me there was a 40minute wait - but I think there are often taxis waiting at busier times.

#2 Posted: 7/5/2008 - 11:37

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Krabi Airport to Phi Phi ... By deity on 13 Jun 2008 2 2075 14 Jun 2008
krabi airport to koh mook ... By boxee on 6 Nov 2009 3 4716 6 Nov 2009
Minivan from Krabi airport to Koh Lanta ... By swag on 17 Sep 2007 5 3411 22 Sep 2007
PHUKET AIRPORT TO PHI PHI - HELP ... By rc on 26 Nov 2009 7 11423 30 Nov 2009
over staying thai 30 day visa by three days exiting at krabi airport? ... By tinamars2000 on 23 Feb 2008 5 2851 11 Mar 2008
Phuket airport to get glammed up ... By travelfishnews on 29 Jun 2009 1 2153 29 Jun 2009
Phuket airport to Koh Ngai ... By jodie6104 on 9 Nov 2009 1 2081 10 Nov 2009
Phuket Airport to Prachuap ... By Krabiman on 17 Jan 2011 1 1708 17 Jan 2011
Overnight accommodation near Phuket airport? ... By sparkie on 27 Nov 2006 2 5916 28 Nov 2006
Minibus from Phuket airport to Ko Lanta??? ... By Louw on 13 Dec 2009 3 4794 14 Dec 2009