Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Artist supplies in Bangkok or Chiang Mai

Posted by andrea73 on 8/5/2008 at 02:18

Hi there --

Traveling for six weeks through Thailand, Laos and Vietnam (leaving the US on May 19) for the first time. My partner is an artist (oil painter) and will need to pick up some supplies upon arrival in Bangkok - specifically mineral spirits/turpenoid (flammable, and can't be brought on a plane).

Any ideas of stores in Bangkok that could provide this? We are also heading up to Chiang Mai shortly after arriving in Thailand, so tips for there would be good as well.

We have some contacts in Bangkok via a friend, but thought the forum might be useful to query as well.

Thanks for any and all help!

#1 andrea73 has been a member since 8/5/2008. Posts: 12

Posted by somtam2000 on 8/5/2008 at 05:51 admin

Teo Namfah Gallery in Silom Galleria, level 3, 919/1 Silom Rd (near Silom Soi 19), would be a good place to start in Bangkok.

Otherwise I'd try the malls -- eg Paragon, Emporium etc or perhaps Chatuchak Market.

Can't help with Chiang Mai sorry.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,507
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by andrea73 on 9/5/2008 at 00:44

Thanks! Looks like the gallery might do the trick!

#3 andrea73 has been a member since 8/5/2008. Posts: 12

Posted by lukefig on 16/5/2008 at 18:59

howdy, hey i'm wanting to travel from northern Thailand [Chiang rai into southern China [Yunnan], I;ve heard a rumor you can get boat up the Mekong, can anyone tell me if this is true. If not could anyone shed light on alternative route, ie. bus etc. cheers. Luke

#4 lukefig has been a member since 17/3/2008. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.