Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Thailand Itinerary and budget

• CJHorn85

Joined Travelfish
    9th May, 2008

Hey all,

I will be travelling to SEA from mid-July to mid September (just under 2 1/2 months). I have posted on Lonely Planet forums, but this site appears to be the best of the best when it comes to SEA, so I thought I would try and get some opinions on here as well.

Since this is the Thailand destination part, I thought I would stick to that, and post my itinerary up for the other countries in the relevant sections. Here is my planned itinerary:

Chiang Mai - 6 days (that includes some days for trekking as well as just the main town itself)
    Pai - 4 days
    Ayutthaya - 1 day
    Bangkok - 3 days
    Khao Yai NP - 2 1/2 days
    Kanchanaburi - 2 days

What do people think of this? Anything I should add, change etc? I know I haven't involved the islands, but I figure I will do this on another trip. I want to do some trekking and stuff obviously, but also take in bits of the culture, and relax at some point.

Also, rough budget for this time if I try to live cheap?

Thanks people. I have posted up other itineraries for Vietnam (24 days), Cambodia (12 days), Laos (11 days)

#1 Posted: 12/5/2008 - 20:06

• Advertisement

• packtoofull

Joined Travelfish
    16th May, 2007
    Location Indonesia

My only tip would be perhaps shorten the time in Chiang Mai to phaps 4 days and add a day to Pai and to Kanch. Trekking from Pai is a little less "commercial" than Chiang Mai, so you may find it better. Kanch has loads to do and with 3 days you could fin in a bit more, phaps a visit to Hellfire Pass Museum or one of the national parks.

#2 Posted: 12/5/2008 - 20:42

• jchang

Joined Travelfish
    11th May, 2008

Your itinerary looks good. I have 1 suggestion. On your way from Chiang Mai to Ayutthaya, u can visit Sukhothai for a day. Like Ayutthaya, tourists come here for the ancient ruins of the palace and temples. The ruins here are older and also smaller.

#3 Posted: 13/5/2008 - 15:21

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.