Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

SE Asia itinerary...

• michmich11

Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008

6/12--Arrive BKK
    6/13-6/14 BKK
    6/15--Day trip from BKK (TBA--suggestions?)
    6/16-6/18 Siem Reap (not sure if we will fly or bus)
    6/19-6/21 Luang Prabang (flight)
    6/22-6/24 Vang Vieng
    6/25-Leave Vang Vieng via Vientiane to Udon Thani to plane to BKK
    6/26-6/29 Ko Samui
    6/30-BKK
    7/1-Return to NY

Planning on using Bangkok Airways Discovery Pass for some portion of the travel. Is this itinerary doable? Missing anything? Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated! Thanks.

#1 Posted: 13/5/2008 - 09:58

• Advertisement

• packtoofull

Joined Travelfish
    16th May, 2007
    Location Indonesia

A couple of suggestions here:

Daytrip from Bangkok: Consider Ayuthaya or, at a push, Kanchanaburi -- though the latter makes for a long day trip.

I'd rec. flying to Siem Reap, especially if you're going to use the Discovery pass, it's a long, slow, not all that scenic overland trip, and given your rel. short timeline, I'd go the flight.

I assume youre flying to Samui, if not then I'd go to a closer island, perhaps Samet - just to cut down on transport time.

Tis all doable and looks like a good taster for your next trip!

#2 Posted: 13/5/2008 - 14:03

• michmich11

Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008

Thanks for the advice, please see my revised itinerary on the trip report forum at http://www.travelfish.org/board/post/tripreports/3884_. Any more thoughts would be so helpful!

Michelle

#3 Posted: 23/5/2008 - 05:22

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.