Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Travelling from A to B, or A-Bangkok-B???

Posted by sansan on 16/5/2008 at 04:10

Hi there!

I will be travelling with my 12yr old son in Thailand july/august for 31 days. I've planned the following itinerary:
- Bangkok (3 days)
- Khao Yai National Park (3 days)
- Kanchanaburi (4 days)
- Khao Sok National Park (3 days)
- Ko Tao (at least 7 days)
- Bangkok (3 days)
I was wondering if it's possible to travel from place to place, or do we have to get back to Bangkok all the time? Does anyone have some good ideas?

Thanks for your help if you have, cheers

#1 sansan has been a member since 3/1/2008. Posts: 2

Posted by packtoofull on 16/5/2008 at 04:17

You'll need to do something like:

Bangkok - Khao Yai National Park - Bangkok - Kanchanaburi - Bangkok - Khao Sok National Park - Chumphon or Surat Thani - Ko Tao - Bangkok .

While it is possible to head south straight from Kanchanaburi, you'll avail yourself to better frequency of buses if you go back to Bangkok.

I'd suggest seeing Ko Tao on the way to Khao Sok rather than the other way around -- just because it is on the way, and then when you're finished at Khao Sok it's a straight leap back to Bangers.

#2 packtoofull has been a member since 16/5/2007. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 39

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.