Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Krabi or Phi Phi?

• Halilee

Joined Travelfish
    4th May, 2008

So, doing lots of research and am having difficulty in chosing the beach part of our vacation. I was finally decided upon Phi Phi staying on Long Beach, but it sounds like the accomodations on that beach aren't the greatest ( going by traveller reviews). We were also considering staying at Railay West in Krabi. We want nice swimmable water with a great beach. Snorkelling off the beach is a big bonus, but not totally necessary if it's nearby. Good accomodations, good restaurant choices, some shopping but not into the partying scene.

Would it be better to just stay at Railay West ( or another Krabi beach, but not east) and do a day tour to Phi Phi, or just stay in Phi Phi the whole time? I realize it's a personal decision, but without seeing it, it's hard to choose.. so just want your opinions. Thank you very much!

#1 Posted: 19/5/2008 - 04:03

• Advertisement

• Halilee

Joined Travelfish
    4th May, 2008

Oh, forgot to mention, we're going in January if that helps. :)

#2 Posted: 19/5/2008 - 04:12

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Um Hal, I think I answered this for you on another forum. If you give me a no I'll have a shot at it here.

#3 Posted: 20/5/2008 - 13:36

• Halilee

Joined Travelfish
    4th May, 2008

Heehee, yes you did Tezza. I posted the same thread on a couple of forums at the same time.. wasn't sure where I'd get answered. THank you! :)

#4 Posted: 21/5/2008 - 07:17

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.