Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Phuket and other islands weather

• CJHorn85

Joined Travelfish
    9th May, 2008

Hey all,

I'm travelling to Thailand from the beginning of September for 3 weeks. What is the weather like around this time for the islands? I'm thinking Phuket, but any of the others as well. Is there a lot of rain around here at this time of year?

Just wondering before I consider booking any flights. Don't want to get there, and find I can't do anything cause its raining all the time.

Cheers
    Chris

#1 Posted: 20/5/2008 - 23:00

• Advertisement

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

Check out the excellent travelfish interactive weathermap on this site....very quick and easy to use.

Your best bet for dry weather at that time of year are the Gulf islands....Samui, Tao and Phangan. Maybe Samui would suit you if you fancy Phuket though it's not my cup of tea. I've been on Ko Tao and Ko Phangan at that time of the year and it was perfectly OK, just the occasional evening downpour ...but weather is weather, can't give any guarantees!

#2 Posted: 21/5/2008 - 00:51

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.