Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Ban Saphan to Ranong

• redbride

Joined Travelfish
    21st June, 2004

What's the best way to get from Ban Saphan to Ranong? Minibus, bus? How long would this journey take?

#1 Posted: 21/5/2008 - 23:01

• Advertisement

• khunwilko

Joined Travelfish
    27th January, 2007

Check with local hotels in Bang saphan.

There should be a bus service, but a minibus would be nicer....about a days drive I would have thought....including waiting times.....it's a nice road across....you might want to visit Kao sok national park.....

#2 Posted: 22/5/2008 - 11:05

• khunwilko

Joined Travelfish
    27th January, 2007

Sorry talking crap, forgot how far North Bang Saphan was....you take the Northerly road over....still a big road (4) and I would have thought, plenty of public transport

#3 Posted: 22/5/2008 - 16:42

• redbride

Joined Travelfish
    21st June, 2004

Thanks.

From another forum I've been informed that a bus down to Chumphon and then across to Ranong might be the way to go.

#4 Posted: 23/5/2008 - 16:26

• khunwilko

Joined Travelfish
    27th January, 2007

If I was driving, i wouldn't go into Chumpon...it's a little detour, the main road the 4, goes on to Ranong, so I wonder if there is a direct bus.

#5 Posted: 24/5/2008 - 23:41

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.