Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Diving in July

• autumnleaves

Joined Travelfish
    22nd May, 2008

Hi All
    I'd very much like to do some scuba diving while I'm in Thailand in July and August. Is this possible at all with the monsoon rains? I was thinking of going to Ko Lanta. Can you please tell me where, if anywhere, I could scuba dive at this time, and what Ko Lanta (and all the west side) is like at this time of year? Can you still do things or does it rain all the time?

Thanks

#1 Posted: 22/5/2008 - 11:58

• Advertisement

• swag

Click here to learn more about swag
    Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2007
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Apart from having a look at the weather maps on this site have a look at Lanta Divers webpage. I did some diving with them march 08 and found them very well run but I think they tend to stop diving early may. I could be wrong check it out
    Regards
    Swag

#2 Posted: 22/5/2008 - 12:56

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

Ko Tao would probably be a better bet at that time of year.

#3 Posted: 23/5/2008 - 14:34

• cybervlad

Click here to learn more about cybervlad
    Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2007
    Location Thailand

autumnleaves,
    In general summer is "no dive" season on Andaman sea due uncomfortable weather condition. But in Gulf of Thailand summer often treated as a "hight season".
    I agree with SBE: better try Koh Tao island. There is plenty of dive sites, you can dive 7-10 day. My personal recommendation: Chumphon Pinncale - the best dive site in area...

#4 Posted: 27/5/2008 - 14:18

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.