Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Diving in July

Posted by autumnleaves on 22/5/2008 at 11:58

Hi All
I'd very much like to do some scuba diving while I'm in Thailand in July and August. Is this possible at all with the monsoon rains? I was thinking of going to Ko Lanta. Can you please tell me where, if anywhere, I could scuba dive at this time, and what Ko Lanta (and all the west side) is like at this time of year? Can you still do things or does it rain all the time?

Thanks

#1 autumnleaves has been a member since 22/5/2008. Posts: 1

Posted by swag on 22/5/2008 at 12:56

Apart from having a look at the weather maps on this site have a look at Lanta Divers webpage. I did some diving with them march 08 and found them very well run but I think they tend to stop diving early may. I could be wrong check it out
Regards
Swag

#2 swag has been a member since 28/3/2007. Location: Australia. Posts: 330

Posted by SBE on 23/5/2008 at 14:34

Ko Tao would probably be a better bet at that time of year.

#3 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,002
 Where has SBE been? 

Posted by cybervlad on 27/5/2008 at 14:18

autumnleaves,
In general summer is "no dive" season on Andaman sea due uncomfortable weather condition. But in Gulf of Thailand summer often treated as a "hight season".
I agree with SBE: better try Koh Tao island. There is plenty of dive sites, you can dive 7-10 day. My personal recommendation: Chumphon Pinncale - the best dive site in area...

#4 cybervlad has been a member since 6/6/2007. Location: Thailand. Posts: 182
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.