Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Tailor made suits!!!

• Marney_47

Joined Travelfish
    16th May, 2008

Hi fishers!!!

Im off round southeast asia for 2 months and i fly out of bangkok home for the uk on the 22nd of december just before christmas... So aswell as gearing up on pressies for everyone i was wanting to pick up a couple of suits for a family wedding coming up aswell as my new career i start in january.

Instead of jumping at the gun and just saying yes to the first guy who asks me on the street, does anyone have any recommendations, or a particular area i can go to get a nicly made suit to address the occasion...

Appreciated people

Marney

#1 Posted: 3/6/2008 - 13:05

• Advertisement

• Marney_47

Joined Travelfish
    16th May, 2008

Ps, this is for when i'm in Bangkok but i will also be in Saigon for 5 days and i heard this is a good place for suits also... Any advice and comments appreciated

#2 Posted: 3/6/2008 - 13:06

• swag

Click here to learn more about swag
    Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2007
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Hi Marney, Sukhumvit rd is one of the best places to have tailor made clothes done for you. I have great service and quality using Raja's
    http://www.rajastailors.com/ Early march this year I was there and had jacket/pants and three shirts made to measure for me. The choice of fabrics is good as well as there eye to what goes with what.
    You need to allocate three visits as first one is to measure up second is to try on semi completed piece and make any further adjustments.Thirdly is final try on and pick up if no problems.
    They also keep your measurements on file for 5 years if you need to order online or are back in Bangkok.Hope this helps

#3 Posted: 4/6/2008 - 06:58

• Marney_47

Joined Travelfish
    16th May, 2008

This is what im after matey, thank you very much for getting back to me with this information. I think i'll be getting me some new suits then...

#4 Posted: 4/6/2008 - 10:39

• Paul33

Joined Travelfish
    14th June, 2008

I found tailors everywhere! This was something I had been recommended to do -- take my favourite outfit and have it copied in different fabrics and colours. And let me tell you, there are wall to wall fabrics to choose from! and choose colours/fabrics/designs and get measured, the next day to try the clothes on and make any alterations,
    I chose a design from a magazine and had a suit and a Thai silk dress made in Savile Row Tailor.It came to about 150 GBP, but considering it was Thai silk and tailor made, I still thought this was reasonable! When my mum and dad went, my dad had a pair of his favourite trousers copied in different colours and this was a lot cheaper than having something designed from scratch.Bear in mind when being measured, you swell in the heat!
    Highly recommended
    savilerowfashion@gmail.com

#5 Posted: 16/6/2008 - 22:27

• ropren

Joined Travelfish
    22nd May, 2008

Out of curiosity, is there anywhere else in Thailand, Laos or Cambodia that anyone would recommend having suits made besides Bangkok. Possibly at a lower cost but equal quality?

#6 Posted: 18/6/2008 - 20:29

• travelian

Joined Travelfish
    17th July, 2007

Hey there.. i've had suits and such made in several areas in Thailand but I now believe that things made in Hoi An in Vietnam are as good quality and are much cheaper. It's also a beautiful place to hang out. We would go to the tailors in the morning and then head to the beach and then head back in the evening for fittings.
    Just a thought :)

#7 Posted: 9/7/2008 - 19:02

• JohnnyCash

Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008

Asia has tons of tailors but need good research to go to one.
    I was at Excelsior in bangkok and the research paid off find dividiends.
    The quality was world class and few famous clients to the shop that i could recall would be Frodo from Lord of the rings and Thomas buttenshorn(the jazz singer) from Denmark.

#8 Posted: 1/2/2009 - 20:20

• adnys

Joined Travelfish
    3rd February, 2009

I have used SAvile Row on Suriwong Road, Inside Rose hotel, for the last 10 years, and have had no complaints. He does a good job and at a decent price (no haggling), he has a fairly decent selection of imported fabrics.

#9 Posted: 3/2/2009 - 11:23

• jafatravel

Joined Travelfish
    19th October, 2008

I've just had another suit made at Rajawongse in Sukumvit, Bangkok. (Now have 3 in 2 visits) All their business is through word of mouth. They make quality, quality suits. You can tell by their previous clients. Won't sell it too much but includes both George Bushes.

http://www.dress-for-success.com/

yes, corny website...

#10 Posted: 3/2/2009 - 16:33

• Advertisement

• cubedweller

Joined Travelfish
    23rd February, 2008

I can also recommend Rajawongse. Fantastic quality. Just make sure to give yourself ample time for multiple fittings; I went for 3 separate fittings and it's best to spread them over a decent amount of time.

Also, they're not the cheapest, but the quality is is definitely worth it.

#11 Posted: 4/2/2009 - 23:18

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

The problem with "tailor" threads is they inevitably fall victim to spam (^)

#12 Posted: 19/11/2014 - 05:19

• fondo

Joined Travelfish
    23rd June, 2006
    Total reviews: 19
    Places visited:
    At least 98

I'm in stitches over this one.

#13 Posted: 19/11/2014 - 07:01

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
tailor-made shoes in Vietnam? ... By tabea1 on 23 Oct 2007 0 2413 23 Oct 2007
tailor made clothes in Bangkok ... By jasminsingh on 10 Sep 2007 7 9189 10 Sep 2013
Tailor Made Polo Shirts ... By colourco on 19 Feb 2011 0 3100 22 Jul 2011
Purchasing tailor made motorbike boots ... By mattd82 on 21 Sep 2009 0 2830 21 Sep 2009