Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Here's a few questions

• michmich11

Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008

1. What is the best way to get from Bangkok to Ayutthaya? Train? Van?
    2. What is the best way to get from Kaho San Road to Hualamphong Station? How long does this take? Cost?
    3. How does one get from Hualamphong to the airport? How long does this take? Cost?

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 4/6/2008 - 12:36

• Advertisement

• Flow84

Joined Travelfish
    4th June, 2008

1. Went there by train. Takes about 3 hours from Hualamphong for around 20 baht 3rd class (ok for the 3 hours)
    2. I think that probably Taxis are the best way to get to any destination in Bangkok, theýre cheap and have ac - 1h is not more than 100 Baht. Make sure the meter runs as some drivers will try to get a fixed price wich is usually double cost.
    3. I´m not sure if they allready have a skytrain to Suvarnabhumi airport (last year they planned that) but otherwise you pay 450 Baht for a taxi(without meter running). Make sure that the toll is included.
    Have a nice trip dude!

#2 Posted: 4/6/2008 - 18:46

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 113

I'd head to Ayuthaya by train, as well. I don't recall the trip ever taking 3 hours, but some trains may be slower than others. I think that the trains heading to Nong Khai and Chiangmai are faster than the other all 3rd class clunkers.

As mentioned, taxi is the fastest, easiest, most comfortable way to get to the train station. It's certainly not the cheapest, though. Unfortunately, the canal boat that used to take that route has been discontinued. That used to be the best way to get there. A good driver will get you to the station in about 20-30 minutes, and the cost is usually around 100B, give or take 15B.

I'm quite sure that the skytrain line from Onnui to the airport is not yet completed. If not, then taxi is the easiest and fastest way. I always go with the metre on, and the cost will be determined by what time of the day you go. I usually go very early in the morning, or very late at night, and I've never paid any more than 350B (and that includes the thruway fees (which are 20B and 30B.)

Just FYI, if you take a cab with the metre running, the driver will probably ask if you want to take the thruway. If you do, then he will ask you for the toll money when you approach the gate. He isn't trying to rip you off. If you want to take the thruway, you have to pay for it. It's not included in the price.

Cheers

#3 Posted: 5/6/2008 - 05:11

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

1) Train - 3 hours - crikey! normally figure on about half that.
    2) taxi - on the meter. No meter? get out and get one that will use it. The easiest way to get a taxi who will use the meter is to walk about 50 metres away from KSR and hail the first cab you see.
    3) Taxi. On the meter plus tolls, I'd expect somewhere around 200B. If they refuse to use the meter see point 2 above. Airport bus also runs from train station to airport, 100B a head from memory.

#4 Posted: 5/6/2008 - 18:55

• michmich11

Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008

Thanks for all the info. Regarding travel from train station to airport: How long will a taxi take around 7 am? The bus?

#5 Posted: 5/6/2008 - 20:22

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.