Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Pickup and food at Relax Beach resort, Phi Phi?

• Hersir

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2008

Me and the wife are going to stay at the Relax Beach resort August 08 to enjoy some off season calm. We are both avid scuba divers and planned to do some diving at the local reefs since Phi Phi is somehwat protected. My question is do the dive companies offer to pick you up at Relax Beach resort or do you have to hike over to Ton Sai? I'll of course ask when I set foot there but inquiring minds wants to now.

Another question while I'm at it. I read that the food is pricey at the "resort". What does that mean? I don't care if I pay a bit more for good food but if I pay 50% more for bland offerensg I might reconsider. Food is important in Tahiland if you intend to lazy on the beach with some diving thrown in for a week or so.

Thanks.

#1 Posted: 6/6/2008 - 06:38

• Advertisement

• melindabh

Joined Travelfish
    10th February, 2010

hi there, hersi. seems to me you have two questions, which i will try to answer based on my experience here. definitely don't go to barracuda. this may not be totally applicable to you, but: they hit on women to the point that you feel uncomfortable in their dive companionship. we felt so intimidated we had no choice but to be nice to them and they brought my friend up at at ten bar, which is TOTALLY inappropriate for anyone who is a dive professional. i could go on, but the remainder makes me feel as though i have reverted to my high school adolescence, what with the flirting and unprofessionalism. needless to say: GO ELSEWHERE.

secondly, DON'T go to hungry buffalo restaurant. the owner scratched his bugbites to the point of bleeding and the food later made me sick for the first time in my entire month long trip to thailand. there are MUCH better places to eat.

i believe that if you avoid these places, you may enjoy phi phi don. which, i truely hope you do! cheers, m.

#2 Posted: 10/2/2010 - 23:10

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

HERSIR are you a member of Lonely Planet THORNTREE FORUM? (sorry Stew for diverting people from your superior site but I hate not fully answered questions).
    If so, I can give you the name of a poster who visited Relax in August - is a bit of a character who loves to help, would not object to a PERSONAL MESSAGE re your questions.

#3 Posted: 13/2/2010 - 13:59

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Pizza, baked on a pickup truck! Thai-Street food become international! ... By okibkk on 13 Apr 2012 1 1203 13 Apr 2012
Need help..looking for a perfect beach to relax and write. ... By gvaz28 on 4 Apr 2011 6 2423 6 Apr 2011