Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Diving

Posted by Ikkersheim on 10/6/2008 at 18:00

Hi all,

I will be traveling in a week time with my kids, 15 and 17, they want to try diving. Has anyone a tip for as reliable and payable diving school on Koh Samui or Koh Tao?

Thanks, Donald

#1 Ikkersheim has been a member since 7/5/2008. Posts: 5

Posted by swag on 11/6/2008 at 08:47

Hi I think you would be better heading to Koh Tao, for you diving. Most dive shops have what is called a DSD ( discover scuba diving ) day were your sons could get kitted out and spend a day with an instructor to be shown the basics of scuba. These are great value as scuba is not for everyone so you can avoid the cost of a basic open water ticket if need be. Having said that most people after trying scuba love it. A word of caution dive shops come and go from season to season.Therefore when I dive in a different location I try and use a 5star IDC centre. This is the highest accreditation Padi awards to dive shops and they usually have the best hire gear/instructors/safety record etc.Hope this helps.

#2 swag has been a member since 28/3/2007. Location: Australia. Posts: 331

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.