Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Diving

• Ikkersheim

Joined Travelfish
    7th May, 2008

Hi all,

I will be traveling in a week time with my kids, 15 and 17, they want to try diving. Has anyone a tip for as reliable and payable diving school on Koh Samui or Koh Tao?

Thanks, Donald

#1 Posted: 10/6/2008 - 18:00

• Advertisement

• swag

Click here to learn more about swag
    Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2007
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Hi I think you would be better heading to Koh Tao, for you diving. Most dive shops have what is called a DSD ( discover scuba diving ) day were your sons could get kitted out and spend a day with an instructor to be shown the basics of scuba. These are great value as scuba is not for everyone so you can avoid the cost of a basic open water ticket if need be. Having said that most people after trying scuba love it. A word of caution dive shops come and go from season to season.Therefore when I dive in a different location I try and use a 5star IDC centre. This is the highest accreditation Padi awards to dive shops and they usually have the best hire gear/instructors/safety record etc.Hope this helps.

#2 Posted: 11/6/2008 - 08:47

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.