Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Transport from Perhentians to Krabi?

• smithjo3

Joined Travelfish
    11th June, 2008

Can someone help me in determining the best way to travel from the Pulau Perhentian Islands to Krabi? I've heard to avoid Sungai Kolok, although this looks like a critical train stop along this path. Someone mentioned a westerly route, but I'm unable to find much information on it.

#1 Posted: 11/6/2008 - 05:55

• Advertisement

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Well you can avoid Sungai Kolok, but it involves extra hassle.
    One way would be to get transport into Kota Bahru, go to the bus station and catch a bus across northern Malaysia to Alor Setor, and then a bus to the border/another bus to Hat Yai from where you can catch a bus to Krabi town.
    You can also catch a train from AS to Hat Yai.

Now some travel warnings also rec against Hat Yai, although I have been thru twice since the troubles began. You can avoid this with even more hassle - bus to Kuala Perlis, longtail across the border to Thammalang pier near Satun (immigration at pier) bus from Satun to Krabi.
    If the seas are too rough for a longtail boat, even more hassles - big fast ferry out to Langkawi, big fast ferry back to Thammalang. These run fairly frequently.

#2 Posted: 14/6/2008 - 11:30

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Koh Samui-Krabi transport ... By shart95 on 29 Jan 2011 2 2484 3 Feb 2011