Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Transport from Perhentians to Krabi?

Posted by smithjo3 on 11/6/2008 at 05:55

Can someone help me in determining the best way to travel from the Pulau Perhentian Islands to Krabi? I've heard to avoid Sungai Kolok, although this looks like a critical train stop along this path. Someone mentioned a westerly route, but I'm unable to find much information on it.

#1 smithjo3 has been a member since 11/6/2008. Posts: 1

Posted by tezza on 14/6/2008 at 11:30

Well you can avoid Sungai Kolok, but it involves extra hassle.
One way would be to get transport into Kota Bahru, go to the bus station and catch a bus across northern Malaysia to Alor Setor, and then a bus to the border/another bus to Hat Yai from where you can catch a bus to Krabi town.
You can also catch a train from AS to Hat Yai.

Now some travel warnings also rec against Hat Yai, although I have been thru twice since the troubles began. You can avoid this with even more hassle - bus to Kuala Perlis, longtail across the border to Thammalang pier near Satun (immigration at pier) bus from Satun to Krabi.
If the seas are too rough for a longtail boat, even more hassles - big fast ferry out to Langkawi, big fast ferry back to Thammalang. These run fairly frequently.

#2 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,338
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.