Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

1 week to see Thailand

• lannypeg

Joined Travelfish
    24th June, 2008

I have up to one week to spend in Thailand before moving onto Cambodia. I am not particularly adventurous whereas my husband is looking for elephant spotting and maybe jungle walking. We will fly into Bangkok but then I just don't know where to go. Somewhere where I could shop/ relax on a beach whilst my hubbie does something more adventurous would be perfect. We don't like really touristy resorts though. Can anybody make any suggestions??

#1 Posted: 24/6/2008 - 03:00

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

If a beach and some jungle are required, Ko Chang could be a good option.

It's a bit of a challenge though to get elephant riding, beaches, shopping and non-touristy resorts in the same place -- but the above may be the ticket -- and it's not too far from Bangkok.

#2 Posted: 24/6/2008 - 06:14

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 71

You could spend a night or two in Khao Yai National Park (for the elephants and jungle walks), and then head south to either Koh Chang, or Koh Samet for 3 or 4 days.

Bangkok, like Somtam says, is reachable from both places in about 6-7 hours, so you could go from the beach straight to the airport and arrive home with sand in your hair.

#3 Posted: 25/6/2008 - 03:21

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.