Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Where to Honeymoon for a few days followed by a year of backpacking?

• jenniemcmar-
    tin

Joined Travelfish
    24th December, 2005

My husband and I are going to backpack SE Asia, India, & Europe over the next year, so we're clearly on a budget, but would like to spend a few days, maybe on Koh Samet or Koh Chang, honeymooning in a nice, but budget concious resort.
    We'd like to spend our few days in a nicer guesthouse then we plan to be in throughout the remainder of the year, but we have to really keep in mind how much we spend.
    Any suggestions?

#1 Posted: 24/6/2008 - 12:32

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

On Ko Chang, somewhere that springs to mind is Baan Rim Nam. You can also read more about it on their website

#2 Posted: 25/6/2008 - 07:22

• mikethediver

Click here to learn more about mikethediver
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 3

Having just visited Koh Chang I don't believe it offers much in the way of budget accommodation. The available cheapo rooms (250 Baht) I would not stay in but found nice clean bungalows for 500 a night after beating him down from 650 (it is the low season now). I don't think you can bater much in the 'high season'.

Think about Kanachanaburi (River kwai) very nice, We are stay on the river side for 200 a night and floating air con bungalows are availabe at 300-400.

#3 Posted: 26/6/2008 - 11:37

• paulspad2002

Joined Travelfish
    8th July, 2008

ko samet ..is nice phi phi has great sunsets...but the rains are there now so expect some stormy nights although still very beautiful watching them form over the sea.....

#4 Posted: 10/7/2008 - 01:15

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Backpacking thailand this year! ... By Laurawrr on 28 Feb 2011 4 2152 2 Mar 2011
Xmas/New Year Honeymoon Cambodia and Vietnam ... By rose51 on 18 Sep 2010 2 1833 24 Sep 2010